We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to rent in Atlanta

london
3 posts
Save Topic
Where to rent in Atlanta

Hi,

My partner and I are going to Atlanta in a few months time for 9-12months, and we are considering areas to rent an apartment. At the moment we are considering Buckhead and Midtown (Buckhead for the shops/restaurants and general good comments, Midtown for the convenience of my partners office and being able to walk to everything we need) Any recommendations at all? My partner will be working full time, but I will not have a car and would like to be able to walk to shops etc... We are both mid 20's and would like to live in a safe but atmospheric area.

Thanks in advance!

london
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to rent in Atlanta

just read the Downtown, midtown or Buckhead? post, sorry to be one of those that always asks the question! Really helpful and am now heading toward Midtown... any further comments would still be appriciated but i'm much clearer about the areas now!

N. GA
Level Contributor
475 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to rent in Atlanta

Sorry I cannot help with your question but I do want to encourage you to continue asking questions. That is why these forums exist:-) You are trying to make the most of your time in Atlanta and that is smart! All the best and enjoy your stay.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,705 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to rent in Atlanta

I think you would enjoy midtown. It is lively and pedestrian friendly, with good access to other parts of the city by MARTA. In addition to apartments, look for privately owned condos or houses that might be for rent, and you may find a nicer place for less money.

Southeast US
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to rent in Atlanta

Another area you might want to consider is Decatur. It's pedestrian-friendly and has a pretty nice selection of shops and restaurants. Plus there's a MARTA stop (subway) in downtown Decatur.

But you won't go wrong with Midtown, either.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
158 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to rent in Atlanta

Definitely Midtown! You get (way) more for your money than Buckhead- and it's nicer than downtown. I love all of the Atlanta neighborhoods- but for your particular situation, I would definitely say Midtown. Buckhead is not really a "walking community" for the most part- that's more Midtown :)

Decatur, GA
Level Contributor
249 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to rent in Atlanta

another vote for midtown. I live in Decatur and it is great as well. stick to zip code 30030 if you look at any Decatur options. for Midtown you'll want to stay on the East side of 75/85. the area around 10th and Peachtree St. is probably your best bet.

7. Re: Where to rent in Atlanta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 20:18