We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tea Room for the girls?

Suwanee, Georgia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Tea Room for the girls?

I'm looking for a tea room for a group of Red Hat ladies. We were planning to go to Eli & Hatty in Hoschton (we're up in Gwinnett County anyway) but was disappointed to find they had closed. They always explained the teas, proper tea etiquette, some history, etc. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good tea room?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
149 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tea Room for the girls?

I only know of tea rooms on the southside...

http://www.pinehursttearoom.com/

(very nice, have had lunch there and it is great!)

but I did find this link that may help:

http://www.teaguide.net/tearoomsgeorgia.htm

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tea Room for the girls?

A year or so ago, four of us had tea at Tiffany's Tea Room. It's on the square in Marietta. We did make an appointment ahead of time as we went on a weekend and it can get booked up.

We had to wait a little while downstairs but they have a nice gift shop you can wander around in. We had tea in the Spanish Moss room (I think), which overlooks the square. It was a rainy day so it was kind of neat.

Overall, I thought it was pretty good. Nobody really explained ettiquette or history, so you may not like that. But the variety of teas they had was quite good and we all shared our little white pots. The soup I had was delicious, too.

I think they have a Web site so you can see if it fits the bill. We really enjoyed it and they didn't rush us to leave.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tea Room for the girls?

This won't do you any good in finding a team room, but as a little kid I remember tagging along with my mom and aunts to "southern high tea" at the Magnolia Room in the downtown Rich's department store. (ooh. I just got a chill. That brings back memories I haven't thought of in 50 years. Good memories.)

Anybody else ever go there?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
149 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tea Room for the girls?

Another good link:

www.teamap.com/states/state_GA_Name.html

Dalton,
Level Contributor
96 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tea Room for the girls?

try the fat fitch in maysville, ga. cosy atmosphere in a devine setting. you'll feel like you rented the place they'll treat you so special. call ahead of time as they are open on weekends and sometimes take odd hours. it's a real treat i think you will enjoy. perfect tea food, and one of the most under rated lunches i have ever tasted. call and find out what day they do their buffet, it's a little of all they have and not to be missed.

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tea Room for the girls?

It has been a few years since I went to The Swan Coach House but on their website the ad says they are a tea house. It really is a "chick" kind of place.

http://www.swancoachhouse.com/

Lincolnton, North...
Level Contributor
44 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tea Room for the girls?

You may check with the Magnolia Tea Room in Stone Mountain Village and see if they are still open for lunch/tea.

Also, there was a spot up in Lilburn on Lawrenceville Hwy, but I can't remember the name. It was in a strip mall, but was really cute inside.

Roswell, GA
Level Contributor
385 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tea Room for the girls?

Mittie's Tea Room in Roswell is a delicious experience.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tea Room for the girls?

If anyone is still looking the best and most up to date information seems to be at www.greattearoomsofamerica.com.

Decatur, Ga.
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Tea Room for the girls?

I know I am 2 years too late in showing your question but maybe you will be looking for another tea room. Have you tried "Tea with the Queen" in Dawsonville? My church group went there a couple of years ago and it was nice and informative. I hope it's still there. Good luck.

Get answers to your questions about Atlanta