We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booked car hire advice

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Topic
booked car hire advice

i have booked a compact car 7th-16th July via hotwire and got a good deal $274 with Avis Anyway i forget to change the default noon pick up drop off setting when i e mailed hotwire to amend the times and they said i would need to cancel and re do the booking - i havent cancelled (yet) but when i do another search putting the times in collect 7.30pm return 5.30pm the avis offer isn't available and the cost goes up by $50 do you think i could leave it and call Avis the day before to let them know my times - any advice appreciated and any reason why the price should change!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booked car hire advice

I think that you'd be fine to leave the booking as it is. Avis will have plenty of cars available, and I've arrived hours late for a reservation in the past with no problem. The Avis lot here is enormous, so I don't think there's any risk of them running out of cars.

No idea why the rate would go up. Rental car rates do fluctuate based on demand, so maybe more people are renting cars that weekend. Be sure to continue checking as your date of travel goes, because sometimes rates fall dramatically closer to the date of travel (and sometimes the go up as well).

2. Re: booked car hire advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 10:19