We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recomandations

montreal
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Hotel recomandations

We are 3 adults that will be in Atlanta for the first time at the end of December.I have been reading other posts and often people refer to areas as iffy or unsafe after dark.We are looking for a hotel in a safe area close to resturants and if possible tourist attractions.We are not intrsted in night life.We are willing to pay around $200 a night if necessary.Prefer the marriott brand of hotels if possible.We will rent a car.

Can anybody help?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,464 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recomandations

There are too many options to suggest any particular hotel. Read the FAQs to the right on the various neighborhoods, and decide which suits you. Then, then use Expedia to find a Marriott in the area you prefer. More than likely midtown or Buckhead will be your best option.

Edited: 13 July 2011, 21:58
montreal
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recomandations

Thanks for you're help.

I am looking at the Marriott Atlanta downtown or the Springhill suites Buckhead.

Any recommendations?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,464 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recomandations

Since most of the people who respond to questions on this forum live in Atlanta, we really do not know much about the hotels. My recommendation would be to read the reviews for each individual hotel. As for neighborhood, if you're concerned with safety after dark, I think you'd be more comfortable in Buckhead.

However, the Marriott downtown is very nice, recently remodeled, and a much grander hotel. Tens of thousands of tourists stay there every year, so it's not like it's in a war zone. It's just that you're more likely to see panhandlers, and the area is pretty dead at night except for tourists and conventioneers.

Georgia
Level Contributor
36 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recomandations

I really like the Fairfield Inn in Buckhead off of Piedmont Rd. It is usually very reasonable, especially on the weekend. There are some excellent restaurants within walking distance to the hotel. There is also a MARTA station within a shot walk. Kyma and the Buckhead Diner are within walking distance. Next door is a small bakery cafe that serves a good breakfast and lunch. This hotel is quiet and while it probably is soon due for an update the staff is friendly and helpful. I stayed at the Marriott Marquis downtown recently and had a pleasant stay. Much depends on what you want to do. I assume you will have a rental car? Buckhead has the Atlanta History Center and shopping. If you are interested in the aquarium and the World of Coke, etc. you will want to be downtown but most downtown hotels have steep parking fees. Parking is free at the Buckhead Fairfield. I hope you enjoy your trip to Atlanta. It is a great city.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
564 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recomandations

I've recommended the Residence Inn Midtown to quite a few travelers. It's clean and quiet, in a great location, reasonably safe, and the suite-style setup would work well for 3 adults. Good luck!

6. Re: Hotel recomandations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 08:20