We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saturday Lunch in Buckhead/Midtown

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Saturday Lunch in Buckhead/Midtown

We will be in Atlanta in May for a wedding and the only free time we will have is on Saturday during the day. We hope to be able to visit the aquarium, after a failed attempt at New Years. Where are your favorite dining places to go in Buckhead/Midtown area? Anything from fancy to not fancy. We are used to being in Atlanta for an evening meal. I don't even know what is open during the day! Any help would be appreciated!

atlanta
Level Contributor
117 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saturday Lunch in Buckhead/Midtown

May could well be a nice time to sit outside for lunch. In that event I would suggest the following:

1. Einstein's on Juniper

2. Front Page News on Crescent

3. Pie Bar (I think it's official street address is Monroe - funny, been there but not sure of the street address)

4. Twist at Phipps

5. Park Tavern at Piedmont Park

Other good selections for lunch:

1. Ted's Montana Grill on Peachtree just south of Collier

2. Gordon Biersch on Peachtree (more towards the southern end of Midtown towards downtown)

3. Brassiere de Cote at Lenox

4. The Vortex

5. Fat Matt's Rib Shack

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
83 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saturday Lunch in Buckhead/Midtown

Those are all great suggestions - Einsteins on Juniper would be my top pick. Treehouse (in Peachtree Hills - and area of Buckhead) is also nice - details on citysearch.com Good Luck!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saturday Lunch in Buckhead/Midtown

Woods122 has given you some good suggestions.

Einstein's is a good choice. Further on down the street is Joe's on Juniper, which also has nice seating outside.

On Crescent, I second the suggestions of Front Page News. Great shrimp po boys. I just had lunch at FPN last Friday and was prepared to have to wait a while for our food to arrive (seems to happen to me a lot) but they were amazingly fast. The food was great, too.

Down from FPN is South City Kitchen, which is also very good. Also on Crescent is Vickery's, which has great fries. Be aware that portions are a little big.

atlanta
Level Contributor
117 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saturday Lunch in Buckhead/Midtown

Peachyswan,

Thanks....wanted to add Joe's on Juniper but couldn't think of the name of it...I would definitely add that to the list! I also forgot about South City Kitchen...another good selection.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,638 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saturday Lunch in Buckhead/Midtown

I have never cared for the food at Front Page News or Vickery's, which is a shame because their patios are really gorgeous. I think Murphy's in the Virginia-Highland area does an awesome brunch. Their mimosas with fresh OJ are killer.

Babettes in the Va-Hi area puts on a great brunch. It's in an old house and is charming.

I used to live a couple of blocks from Einstein's have had many yummy brunches there as well. They have huge portions, and great omelets. They do have a bloody Mary bar set up on Sundays, but I haven't been on Saturdays.

Two other ideas to consider are Atmosphere (French), which is on Piedmont near Monroe, and La Tavola (Italian). A little non-traditional but I have enjoyed brunch at both. Atmosphere makes a mean chicken crepe for brunch. La Tavola does this petite filet on polenta that's yummy.

You may also want to consider the Globe, which is on 5th St www.globeatlanta.com and has a great atmosphere.

Florida
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Saturday Lunch in Buckhead/Midtown

Do any of the outdoor places allow dogs?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,638 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Saturday Lunch in Buckhead/Midtown

I included more details in response to your other post but these places allow dogs: Carroll Street Cafe (SO good!), The Brewhouse (great upscale pub food), Park Tavern (great views, disappointing food, decent BBQ), Willy's at Piedmont Park (chain them outside fence but you can sit against fence).

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Saturday Lunch in Buckhead/Midtown

Just how fancy? The Dining Room at the Ritz-Carlton Buckhead is world class. It is one of only 15 Mobil Five Star rated restaurants in the country. I've treated myself to lunch and Sunday brunch on two occasions and no other dining experience I've ever had comes close. It's also a great place to celebrity watch.