We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vortex

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Vortex

Hello everyone,

Hope you guys can help out some hungry tourists. We are passing through Georgia on the way to South Carolina for Thanksgiving and we are big Man v Food fans. We are dying to try the Vortex Bar and Grill which was feature on the show. I see that they have 2 locations. Which of the 2 do you think we should go to which is located near (enough) of some cheap accommodations?

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
548 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vortex

I prefer the older Little Five Points location because there's no substitute for walking through that giant skull on the way in. :-) The Highland Inn nearby is one place to stay - don't know how cheap it is though. Or there's a Hyatt Place downtown, a couple of miles away.

Enjoy!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,225 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vortex

The midtown location will be easiest to access if you don't have a car, as it's between the Midtown and North Ave MARTA stations and within walking distance of most midtown hotels. It does not have its own parking lot, though, and you'll have to pay for parking if you drive.

The Little Five Points location has limited parking, and is not very close to any hotels other than Highland Inn. You can walk from the Inman Park MARTA station, but it's a little more of a hike. On weekend nights, L5P can be a bit of a scene and gets a bit raucous. Midtown is more refined but the people watching isn't as much fun.

Between the two locations, I don't have a strong preference, except that I do find myself at the midtown restaurant more often, especially to see comedians at the Laughing Skull.

Also, I'll put in a plug for the fried zucchini as a side. Dipped in ranch dressing, it's a clogged artery waiting to happen, but so delicious.

Decatur, GA
Level Contributor
245 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vortex

fair warning: the Vortex is a smoking facility, one of the few in Atlanta. I am a non-smoker and have never been bothered by the smoke BUT as a smoking facility they do not allow anyone in under the age of 18.

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vortex

Thanks for your replies! Can't wait to dig into a burger!

5. Re: Vortex

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 14:16