We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Night of Honeymoon in ATL

Chattanooga...
3 posts
Save Topic
First Night of Honeymoon in ATL

Hello,

My fiancee and I are getting married on November 26th, but not leaving for our honeymoon until December 9th. We live in Chattanooga and so we are thinking that we will just come down to Atlanta for one night and get a nice room and dinner. We are in our early 20s and we enjoy Midtown, but we haven't stayed anywhere else in Atlanta.

What recommendations do you have for nice hotels and good restuarants? We are looking for four stars, but definitely less than 200 dollars/night (we would rather spend our money on our honeymoon).

Thanks!

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,176 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Night of Honeymoon in ATL

hers a link to a google search i just did for you https://www.google.com/#hl=en&cp=16&gs_id=19&xhr=t&q=honeymoon+suites+in+atlanta&tok=Fz1R-Zhrt28WvaqeHlAn3A&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=honeymoon+suites&aq=0&aqi=g4&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=4d4c858960ec0847&biw=1231&bih=668

we stayed at 4 seasons a few years ago for our 25th and they did a really good job--nice room, champagne,breakfast in bed etc---good ,luck and enjoy the wedding--as my father said to me once, dont sweat the small stuff

youll get plenty of good advice from the DEs here

Edited: 15 November 2011, 16:11
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
564 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Night of Honeymoon in ATL

+1 for the Four Seasons. I spent my wedding night there and it was wonderful. Check out this link for restaurant ideas: www.atlantamagazine.com/50bestrestaurants/.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,464 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Night of Honeymoon in ATL

I looked on kayak.com, which is where I usually go to price hotels, and it looks like you can get some good deals that weekend. My top recommendation would have been the St. Regis, but at $224 it might be out of your price range. The Mansion on Peachtree gets rave reviews, and is just $203 through Kayak. The RItz Carlton downtown is just $143 if you use the Kayak vendor. It has recently undergone a massive renovation, and the service at Ritz Carltons is always top notch. The Four Seasons is available for $219.

My recommendation would be to call the hotel you want and tell them the price you see on kayak, and ask if that can match that if you book directly with the hotel. Also, let them know it's your honeymoon, and ask if there is anything they can do to make it more special within your price range. You might also mention, if you can do so without sounding forced, that you selected the hotel based on the great reviews on Tripadvisor. That might get them thinking that you will leave a good review if they go out of their way for you.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,464 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Night of Honeymoon in ATL

The W in Buckhead is just $129 on whotels.com and is very modern and trendy. They are known for phenomenal staff - check the reviews. That might be another really good option for you.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
12,456 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Night of Honeymoon in ATL

The Mansion on Peachtree was the first to come to mind and if you can get it at the rate above, go for it! I'd call the hotel directly to see what they can do for you and be sure to tell them it's for your honeymoon. I bet you'll get some sort of upgrade.

The others mentioned above are good too, but again call to let them know it's your honeymoon. If an upgrade is available, they will often do one.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
826 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Night of Honeymoon in ATL

If you are into the whole b&b thing you might want to check out stonehurstplace.com.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
12,456 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First Night of Honeymoon in ATL

Stonehurst is an EXCELLENT suggestion!

8. Re: First Night of Honeymoon in ATL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2012, 10:26