We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Vortex or Everybody's Pizza near Marta stop?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
The Vortex or Everybody's Pizza near Marta stop?

Hi, wondering if someone could tell me if The Vortex or Everybody's Pizza is within walking distance to a Marta stop? We could hoof it a mile or two if need be :) We'll be in town this weekend and we've always wanted to try The Vortex. However, my mom worked at Everybody's when she was a teenager so I've always wanted to go there too. Thanks for the help!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,638 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Vortex or Everybody's Pizza near Marta stop?

The Vortex in midtown is near the Midtown MARTA stop. The Little Five Points location is an easy walk from the Inman Park MARTA station. The last remaining Everybody's pizza is near the Emory campus, which isn't that accessible from MARTA unless you want to take a bus.

As far as pizza goes in this town, there's Antico, then there's everybody else. Antico would require a short cab ride, though.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Vortex or Everybody's Pizza near Marta stop?

The Vortex in Midtown is within walking distance of the Midtown MARTA station (or the North Avenue station, but Midtown is closer). I think the Everybody's in Virginia-Highland closed, and the Emory Village Everybody's would require a pretty long bus ride from Lindbergh or Inman Park station on the #6 (Emory) bus, or the #36 (North Decatur) bus from Midtown station. You could also walk to the Little Five Points Vortex from Inman Park station, but it's a bit of a hike.

Edit: see that JAtlanta beat me to the punch, but as usual we're in agreement on the major points. She's probably closer to the truth in describing the walk from Inman Park MARTA station to the L5P Vortex as "an easy walk" instead of "a bit of a hike" as I did, particularly since you said you didn't mind walking a mile or two.

Edited: 06 February 2012, 15:52
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Vortex or Everybody's Pizza near Marta stop?

Thanks you guys, looks like the Vortex it is. I'll save the Everybody's trip for when we plan to have the car with us, maybe even with my mother in tow :) She likes to check out the old haunts and it is hilarious to hear her saying things like, "And there is where we saw a police car turned over while we were tripping on acid..." Oh, the late 60s... :)

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,638 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Vortex or Everybody's Pizza near Marta stop?

Now I want to have lunch at Everybody's with your mom :)

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,797 posts
1,216 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Vortex or Everybody's Pizza near Marta stop?

toss up either way, but everybosy's is hard to beat imho....enjoy your lunch!

6. Re: The Vortex or Everybody's Pizza near Marta stop?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2013, 10:28