We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlanta or Memphis Zoo

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Atlanta or Memphis Zoo

Which is the best? My main interest is to see the Giant Pandas, is one better/bigger than the other?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
31,102 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlanta or Memphis Zoo

Only been to Atlanta zoo but if a Civil War history buff then can also visit Atlanta Cyclorama which is next to the zoo. The Cyclorama tells the Battle of Atlanta.

The Memphis zoo was voted one of the top ten zoos in the US for 2012.

USA
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlanta or Memphis Zoo

I can't speak to the Memphis Zoo, but I love Zoo Atlanta. The Giant Panda exhibit is not actually a highlight for me. I mean, I really like that we have them, but I don't think they are housed terribly well. Of course, it was summer (90+ degrees) last time I was there. So maybe they chose to sit inside their rooms. But I like to see animals out enjoying the fresh air and these pandas weren't.

For me, the best attraction at Zoo Atlanta is watching feeding time with the gorillas. I think it truly is remarkable how many gorillas we have. Also don't miss the Tamarind Monkeys in the kids part of the zoo. They are easy to miss because their enclosure is kinda hidden, but they are very funny.

3. Re: Atlanta or Memphis Zoo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 05:15