We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chateau elan

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster...
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
chateau elan

My husband and I won a 2 night stay at Chateau Elan north of Atlanta at a charity auction in the fall. We had planned on giving it as a gift, but everything fell through. We are from PA and it will be a jaunt to go down there, but the place looks incredible. We're thinking about flying down on a Saturday morning, spending a night in Atlanta and heading to the Chateau for 2 nights. Our other option...we're selling it on ebay. Can anyone give me some insight? Atlanta looks great, but I don't know if its worth the flight for only one night. Help...please!!

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,791 posts
1,151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: chateau elan

it is far and away the nicest place to stay north of atlanta. the resort has much to offer from world class golf,spa and equistrian facilities not to mention the winery and capabilities of the chefs. you will be well pleased and relaxed after your visit. if you do sell be sure to get top dollar. it is well worth the cost.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: chateau elan

This is not a far drive from Atlanta, but a very pretty drive. I think it sounds like a romantic relaxing trip, and I've certainly traveled further for shorter periods of time (I once went to Toronto for just over 24 hours out of curiosity - it was cool and I'll definitely go back).

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: chateau elan

My wife and I have taken several weekend spa trips to Chateau Elan. It really is a place to go to be pampered on a world class level.

Plus, there are so many activities to include golf, pool, tennis, wine tasting, horseback riding, good restautants and if you or your husband want to, you can also take a day class at the nearby Road Atlanta race track and actually drive one of the Panoz sports cars on the track. (The family that owns Chateau Elan is the Panoz's)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: chateau elan

A friend of mine received a "spa day" at Chateau Elan as a gift and still can't stop talking about how nice it was. She really felt spoiled rotten by the folks up there. I'd definitely come down.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: chateau elan

I don't think we're going to be able to get away although the place looks incredible. I'm putting it up on Ebay tonight. It expires at the end of June. Everyone take a look if you are interested!!!!!

6. Re: chateau elan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 12:21