We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlanta Nascar Sep long weekend

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Atlanta Nascar Sep long weekend

We are traveling from Australia to Atlanta for the Nascar Sep long weekend( 2012) ive been looking for a hotel somewhere that is within reasonae distance from the track or somewhere that has a hotel transfer. From what ive been reading it looks as if finding somewhere is going to be hard that weekend? Also we will have to purchase our tickets from the gate on the weekend can i assume this will be ok? Its hard trying to work out how far places are when we have no idea how far anything is from anywhere so im relying on google for recommendations and ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

ATL
Level Contributor
225 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlanta Nascar Sep long weekend

www.atlantamotorspeedway.com/fanzone/hotels/

It says that some hotels have shuttle service, but the link for that seems to be broken. Take a look at this website.

http://www.vroomz.com/

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlanta Nascar Sep long weekend

You're coming a long way for this event. I think it's quite risky to assume that you can buy tickets at the door. Hopefully somebody with some experience will weigh in on that topic.

Re: distances, just use google maps.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlanta Nascar Sep long weekend

your coming a long ways and sepnding lots to go, so id buy the best seats avilable now--- ive been several times and in atlanta it gnerally sells out heres a link to stubhub.com stubhub.com/pep-boys-auto-500-tickets/…

these are great seats,right at the starting line--theyre 145 ea but they can send them to you now so youll have them in your hands--if i were you id buy tickets for all the races that weekend--the Sat tickets should be less.Stub hub guarntees the tickets,ie if theres any issues they have folks there thatll give you same or better seats--only happened to me once--but with downloaded seats youll be fine...I always drive so cant help you there--if you leave early its no too bad driving,but getting out of the track can be a bear..They do have a huge tailgate party before and after the race--to make the weekend complete, why not just rent a car and go all in--have a blast,knock down a few beers,eat some burgers--just like im sure you do in Aussieland

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlanta Nascar Sep long weekend

PS i was just thinking,if youre coming here for the race, you might think about renting an RV from cruiseamerica.com and renting a camping space at the track atlantamotorspeedway.com/events/…tabcamping

Youd be there for all the events,wouldnt have to drive anywhere,and no hotel costs--Apparently they dont have lots of camping spots so if it sounds good youd need to act soon

McDonough, Georgia
Level Contributor
11 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlanta Nascar Sep long weekend

You could check with the ATL Motor Speedway as there are condo's that people own there at the raceway...not sure if they are rentals though. Anywhere in the McDonough, Hampton, Stockbridge areas would be within a reasonable driving distance.

Edited: 26 July 2012, 20:23
Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlanta Nascar Sep long weekend

We will have a car so travel to the race is not a drama. ( athough we cant really have any beers because we have to drive.....bummer) (the tail gate party sounds like fun! ) which is why i was hoping for something with a transfer. The reason I was asking about getting the tickets at the gate is because they say on the net that they will only send the tickets to an address within the US. I have sent an email asking if we could pay for them now and collect when we get there but ive not heard back yet. I will have a look into the camping now. It is a long way to come it has been a last min thing and now realising that its not that simple... arrhhhh!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlanta Nascar Sep long weekend

I wonder if they could mail the tickets to your hotel. That's putting a lot of faith in the hotel staff though. I think you can get stubhub tickets delivered anywhere the seller will send them though.

Edited: 26 July 2012, 22:06
atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Atlanta Nascar Sep long weekend

Actually as a stub hub user I know that those tickets I linked are delivered electronically. Ticket delivery is noted for all their listings. You have to sign for hard tickets from FedEx so hotels wouldn't work. For intl electronic is the only way to go

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Atlanta Nascar Sep long weekend

I don't think all stub hub tickets are electronic, just some. I bought college football tickets on stub hub from a season ticket holder, and he had to fedex them to me.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Atlanta Nascar Sep long weekend

J i didnt say that--of course they have all kinds if ticket delivery--as i said in my post, the link i gave was for electronic delivery, whch works best for Intl orders,since its instaneous and sure.