We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Georgia Dome from Emory

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
Level Contributor
239 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Georgia Dome from Emory

Have reservations at Emory Conference Center since downtown seemed to be booked. WIll be going to Auburn Clemson game on Saturday night Labor day weekend. What's the best way for us to get back & forth for the game? Will have vehicle if needed. Could possibly park Lindbergh & take Marta in? Thanks

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Georgia Dome from Emory

It would be easier to just come in on the blue line from one of the Decatur stations. You wouldn't have to switch trains/lines.

Edited: 28 July 2012, 22:16
Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,209 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Georgia Dome from Emory

I would come to the Avondale station and take MARTA from there. The Inman Park station is closer to you, but you might not feel as secure there. Look at www.itsmarta.com I would suggest trying the Decatur Marriott Courtyard, from which you could walk to MARTA, but our biggest independent book festival in the country (www.decaturbookfestival.com) is that weekend and I'm sure they're long since booked.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
664 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Georgia Dome from Emory

Lindbergh has massive amounts of parking, some free, which cannot be said for Decatur.

There is a lot of parking at Inman Park and Candler Park but I think a visitor would be more comfortable at Lindbergh as there's so much activity there. The one change of line isn't too bad, and if the weather is good you can get off at Peachtree Center and walk across Centennial Olympic Park.

You can get a bus from Clifton Rd outside or close to the hotel. Go to www.itsmarta.com to check the schedule for the 6 take it to Lindbergh and continue as above.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,209 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Georgia Dome from Emory

Avondale has adequate parking also, which is why I suggested it. and it's easier to get to and closer than Lindbergh.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
664 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Georgia Dome from Emory

Oh right, Avondale is nearer (unless you take as many wrong turns as I do) on the other hand the trains are less frequent.

Either way, the OP will have no trouble parking and riding to the game.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Georgia Dome from Emory

First of all, your hotel is gorgeous. You will really enjoy it. Secondly, any MARTA station will work. Personally, I'd rather return to the Decatur station at night. There are more people walking around at night, enjoying restaurants, etc. and it's my preference. There are several parking lots / garages within a block of the MARTA station - and you won't be sitting in a massive line trying to get out of parking garage, In any case, taking MARTA in is a lot easier than driving and dealing with traffic.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,026 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to Georgia Dome from Emory

It's only like 7 miles. I'd drive. Park on Northside. Pm me for directions. I drive to falcon games. The issue with mass transit is it will be mobbed after the game get there 2 hours early and get a good spot

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,026 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to Georgia Dome from Emory

PM sent with directions--since your in town, you can take any number of streets to the Dome--so you can use your droid or GPS--but try and end up On Northside, thats where athe best parking for egress is--have fun,and as Im sure you know beer isnt served at NCAA games,so if your an imbiber, bring some pre-game

9. Re: Getting to Georgia Dome from Emory

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2013, 10:16