We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to and from Arron's Ampitheatre at Lakewood

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
348 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi to and from Arron's Ampitheatre at Lakewood

My friends and will be going to the Phish concert this Saturday, August 25. We all enjoy alcoholic beverages, and will not be driving to the show. We'll be staying downtown. So it shouldn't be any trouble getting a cab to the venue, but I'm concerned that we may not be able to get a cab to come down there to pick us up. Does anyone have any experience getting a cab in that part of town? Are there cabs waiting outside of concerts, typically? What kind of cab fare are we looking at?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,468 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi to and from Arron's Ampitheatre at Lakewood

I don't recall seeing a lot of taxis there, but I've never really looked. One solution if you don't find a taxi is to hop on the MARTA shuttle buses, which are plentiful. They drop off at the Lakewood MARTA station, and you can just take MARTA back to downtown. Or, take with you the phone number of a cab company to call them to pick you up, but it seems to me that it would be hard to coordinate meeting your cab in such a crowd. I'd just take MARTA.

You can calculate the cab fare using the link under Top Questions on the right. I'm guessing about $20.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,177 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to and from Arron's Ampitheatre at Lakewood

agree with Jatlanta--ive been to several events at Lakewood and the traffic after the event is very crowded after the show and the police direct traffic away from the event--i doubt a cab could even get thru--perhaps a limo company could set up a meet place a few blocks away--MARTA is pretty simple to do

3. Re: Taxi to and from Arron's Ampitheatre at Lakewood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2013, 05:15