We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City bus tour of Atlanta

Glasgow
Level Contributor
219 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
City bus tour of Atlanta

Have read of a Trolley tour in Atlanta. Any one give me more info about it and feedback please. Travelling at start of Oct.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
29,666 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: City bus tour of Atlanta

Found this website but seems they are temporarily closed-

americanheritagetrolleytours.com/Atlanta_Tro…

Found another that has been mentioned here on TA-

http://thepeachtreetrolley.com/

I would send them an email and check on times, prices, etc. before you get to Atlanta.

Enjoy your trip!!

Edited: 22 August 2012, 13:41
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: City bus tour of Atlanta

Nobody ever reports back after taking bus/trolley/etc. tours so I have no sense of how good they are. You might also investigate the electric car tour. I have no experience with any of this though.

www.atlcruzers.com/

It seems that a lot of these tours focus on downtown, which is the touristy area but really isn't where the life is in Atlanta. And they tend to focus on the MLK area, which is certainly historically significant but is seedy and is not representative of the rest of the city. I think that if that was all I saw of Atlanta was Auburn Avenue, I'd never return. Underground Atlanta is similar - for some reason it's a focus of these tours, but just read the reviews and you'll see how undesirable it really is.

Be sure to get to midtown and Buckhead via MARTA. Also, you should check out neighborhoods like Virginia Highland, Little Five Points, Inman Park, and downtown Decatur.

3. Re: City bus tour of Atlanta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2013, 05:17