We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Auburn/Clemson game

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham...
3 posts
Save Topic
Auburn/Clemson game

I am coming from birmingham Alabama for the auburn/clemson game....where do I find directions to a marta station that will take me to the dome?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,212 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Auburn/Clemson game

Does this mean you're not staying in a hotel, but, rather, are looking to drive from Bham then park at a MARTA station and take MARTA to the game?

If so, you can look on www.itsmarta.com to see a map of the system and to see which stations have parking. Generally, coming from Bham, the stations on the west route would be closer, but those neighborhoods are not as safe. If I were you I'd park at the Lindbergh station.

Birmingham...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Auburn/Clemson game

Thank you so much!!! We will be driving over and coming back..I don't think we will be spending the night...

Birmingham...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Auburn/Clemson game

Someone else told me the H. E. Holmes would be good too.....

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,865 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Auburn/Clemson game

The H E Homes (formerly Hightower) station is the western-most station on the Blue Line, and closest to Birmingham. It is right off I-20 at Hamilton Holmes drive, so pretty easy to get to. The Blue Line takes you directly to the GWCC station, so you would not have to change trains to get to the Georgia Dome. Holmes is a Park and Ride location so has a lot of parking spaces.

To get to the Lindbergh station, you actually have to drive through town (in fact almost right past the Georgia Dome) to !-85 north for several miles, and then you will have to drive back through town to get home. The station is not as easy to get to as Holmes is, and would require you to change trains at Five Points to get to/from the Dome. There's no extra cost for that, but it does take time (assuming you can actually get on the first train - Gold Line trains tend to be packed after any evening sporting event, since they also carry passengers who are transferring to the Red Line).

Personally I would park at H. E. Holmes, as long as it's just for the game.

-JimG

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,212 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Auburn/Clemson game

I'm not usually overly cautious but I wouldn't want to leave my car at HE Holmes and definitely wouldnt want to return there late at night after the game. Geographically it's most convenient but I'd go out of my way for more security.

Atlanta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
670 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Auburn/Clemson game

I would drive straight to the dome and tailgate in one of the parking lots around there. You'll pay to park, but it will be far more convenient. I wouldn't take Marta in.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,212 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Auburn/Clemson game

That is a good point. If you have 2 people, you pay $10 for MARTA anyway. You can pay to park for $10-20. Just park at a legit lot.

CFA does a Fan Fest, and there's always something going on at Centennial Park (though this year Game Day will be in Dallas with me), so people don't all arrive at one time. Traffic getting there is not that bad, and while it is heavy leaving it's not unmanageable.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,024 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Auburn/Clemson game

i always park on Northside --if you need directions send me a PM--JAtlanta had recommeneded an alternate a few weeks ago

9. Re: Auburn/Clemson game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2013, 10:18