We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to meet at ATL--4 hour layover

cc4
Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
76 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Where to meet at ATL--4 hour layover

My daughter lives in Atlanta and I have a 3 hour layover on the way to JFK and a 4 hour layover on the return trip. I know how busy ATL is (Friday morning and early evening). Is there somewhere that we could meet in the airport that is somewhat convenient. I know we will have to go through security again.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,652 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to meet at ATL--4 hour layover

Here's a map of the main terminal: www.atlanta-airport.com/docs/terminal/mt.pdf

You will note there's a large atrium in the center with many shops and eating/drinking places. It's not real clear on the map, but you will be coming from the gates into the terminal via the escalator at the bottom of the atrium near number "56" and go back through security at the top of the atrium (well marked)

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,172 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to meet at ATL--4 hour layover

Delta used to rent rooms post security and they would let me in to meet my bsiness friends with the help of a red cap--the rooms were in the Crown room---if you did that you could avoid securtity lines totally --it might be more than you want t pay,it used to be 50/hr, but how much is time with your daughter worth--just kidding not trying to be pejorative here

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,462 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to meet at ATL--4 hour layover

I'd just meet at one of the restaurants in the atrium. She won't be able to get to the Sky Club area without a boarding pass.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to meet at ATL--4 hour layover

Agreed. I would meet your daughter in the atrium for a casual meal. Too bad "One Flew South" is in Terminal E. Hopefully someone else can recommend an atrium restaurant.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
12,350 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to meet at ATL--4 hour layover

The Atlanta Bread Company would be a good option. The 2nd floor of Houlihan's used to be the best place to meet, but it's now closed (with a new restaurant opening in its space). Here'a a list of the restaurant options - http://www.atlanta-airport.com/concessions/

6. Re: Where to meet at ATL--4 hour layover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2013, 10:16