We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Sports Bar - at or near Perimeter

Northern California
Level Contributor
249 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best Sports Bar - at or near Perimeter

Coming to town on a Saturday for a Falcons game on Sunday. We are staying at the Embassy Suites Perimeter. My son & I would like to spend Saturday evening at a sports bar, hopefully in walking distance. Would like a good choice of beers on tap, good food, and lots of screens to watch college football & MLB. Suggestions?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
665 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Sports Bar - at or near Perimeter

Try Taco Mac (Perimeter "branch") Unfortunately I can't explain how to walk there but I THINK you can do it safely.

Everything around there is a big mess of strip shopping centers and roads that have indistinct names.

If you find yourselves roaming further afield you might also be accommodated in reach of MARTA at another Taco Mac (Midtown) or a Hudson Grille (Midtown or (Brookhaven) or Dantannas (Lenox)

I don't know how I know all this as I don't drink beer or watch sports unprovoked.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,462 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Sports Bar - at or near Perimeter

As someone who drinks beer and watches sports without prodding, I second the Taco Mac at Perimeter Centre recommendation. You can walk there from Embassy Suites or take the hotel's free shuttle.

ATL
Level Contributor
246 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Sports Bar - at or near Perimeter

Taco Mac is a great recommendation and is a fairly easy walk. Your hotel can tell you how to get there or you can take the shuttle, as JAtlanta mentioned. If Taco Mac is to packed for you, Cheeseburger in Paradise, which is the same area as Taco Mac, also has lots of TVs so that could be an option as well.

Northern California
Level Contributor
249 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Sports Bar - at or near Perimeter

Taco Mac sounds fine and walking distance, thanks. I'm also intrigued by Cheeseburger in Paradise.......I'm guessing it's the same chain as is in Lahaina on Maui, and if so, that's a fun place with what I recall being very good food!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Sports Bar - at or near Perimeter

Stats is a nice sports bar a block from your hotel.

http://www.statsatl.com/

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,462 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Sports Bar - at or near Perimeter

JRtheBanker is staying at the Perimeter Embassy Suites, not the downtown Embassy Suites. Stats is not convenient to that location.

7. Re: Best Sports Bar - at or near Perimeter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2013, 10:16