We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to a Braves game

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Going to a Braves game

Going to be in Atlanta for a Braves game, where is the best place to stay? I was thinking somewhere close by but not sure what the neighborhood is like around the field

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,871 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to a Braves game

There is a hotel or two w/in walking distance, but not the greatest area. When I go, I stay downtown. It's a short drive or cab ride to the field and nice to stay in the city. So many hotels to choose from.....depends on your budget.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
6,780 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to a Braves game

Check the "Going to a Braves game" on the upper right. Would not stay near the stadium unless you're just doing a quick in and out.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to a Braves game

I was on a jury for a guy who killed another drug dealer near the stadium. Stay downtown and cab it lots of hotels. Get there earl for batting practice. Usually 90 minutes before. Check braves site to see when. They let you sit in outfield seats during bp to catch a ball. We equally grab s brat and beer and hope we get one

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
113 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to a Braves game

Like everyone else, I wouldn't recommend staying near the stadium, but there are great hotels within 5-10 miles. Instead of taking a cab, you can just hop on the train (Marta), and take advantage of the FREE braves shuttle. Someone at the front desk of whichever hotel you choose should be able to direct you to the nearest station, and a roundtrip ticket should only cost about $5.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to a Braves game

you dont say if you have car--thats the most efficient way,PM if you want directions.As to MARTA, thousands of folks will be heading to the shuttle after the game.Id find a cab--i think the rates are flat from there, like 8$ 1st person, then 2 bucks after that per person--so if MARTA is 5 ea,its about the same

6. Re: Going to a Braves game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2013, 10:17