We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are the main attractions in ATL open on 12/30-01/01?

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Margate, Florida...
2 posts
Save Topic
Are the main attractions in ATL open on 12/30-01/01?

Hi,

A few friends and I are planing a trip down to ATL for Passion 2013, but we decided that we wanted to head downthere before the event to get to know the city. However, we are concerned that attraction like World of Coca Cola, Stone Mountain Park and Aquarium will be closed or close earlier between 12/30 and 01/01.

What you think?

Also, any suggestions of places to eat and things to do on NYE, are more than welcomed. :)

Thans again!!!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
113 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are the main attractions in ATL open on 12/30-01/01?

I'll be at Passion 2013, too! It was an amazing event last year, and I'm sure this year will be even better. The conference is being held at the Georgia Dome, which is right in the heart of Downtown Atlanta, close to The World of Coke & The Georgia Aquarium. Both of these are open on New Years Eve/Day, so you can check them out if your group is interested. Centennial Olympic Park is also in this area, and its a nice spot (weather permitting) to relax, walk around, and take in the city. Stats is a nice bar & grill nearby, and I'd suggest No Mas! Cantina & Taco Mac as some other options. Hope that helps!

Atlanta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
684 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are the main attractions in ATL open on 12/30-01/01?

I'd bet my car that the Aquarium is open, and likely the World of Coke too. Check the websites for times.

NYE has the Big Peach Drop at Underground Atlanta. It's not my thing, personally, but when I was younger, it was fun. Most restaurants will probably have special "price fixe" menus for New Years Eve dinners (likely after 8 pm). The clubs in town will also have special parties with higher-than-usual cover.

One year we stayed at a hotel in Midtown, now the Melia, and bar-hopped on Crescent Street. It was a good time.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,438 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are the main attractions in ATL open on 12/30-01/01?

Rather than relying on speculations, why not look at the websites for the attractions you're considering?

For example:

www.georgiaaquarium.org/plan-your-visit/

4. Re: Are the main attractions in ATL open on 12/30-01/01?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2013, 10:15