We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlanta after hours..

Los Angeles...
8 posts
Save Topic
Atlanta after hours..

I will be in Atlanta for 4 days for a convention. Staying at the Atlanta Hilton, I believe, downtown. I would love some suggestions for restaurants, bars and shopping near by. I have a car so driving is good too.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlanta after hours..

You'll get lots if replies. Search on jatlanta. Who is the expert here. Actually the Hilton has an excellent place Nikolais roof A very good seafood spot is lure on crescent st. I like Priccis for osso bucco

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,638 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlanta after hours..

I would get out of downtown Atlanta for dining and bars. It's pretty dead after dark other than hotel bars, and the dining scene is weaker than in other parts of the city. If I have to eat downtown, I always eat at Alma Cocina. It's good, but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there. For that type of cuisine, Agave is better.

You can search this forum for past restaurant and nightlife recommendations, or give us some more specifics about what you're looking for - type of cuisine, atmosphere, price range, etc. Generally, my favorite restaurants are The Optimist, Lure, Miller Union, Empire State South, Serpas, 4th & Swift, Ecco, JCT Kitchen, Woodfire Grill, and No. 246. But if you're looking for something cheaper or more specific let us know.

There is no shopping downtown. You'll have to be more specific about what kind of whopping you have in mind for us to be able to make helpful recommendations. Malls? Women's clothing boutiques? Home decor? Etc.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,638 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlanta after hours..

Oh, I would add that if you're downtown on a Thursday night, Tongo Hiti at Trader Vic's is really fun. www.tongohiti.com

4. Re: Atlanta after hours..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2013, 09:17