We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve?

Louisiana
Level Contributor
145 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve?

Any suggestions for what to do in Atlanta on New Year's Eve late night? We'll be there for the bowl game that night. I don't want to ring in the new year in a hotel room or a dingy bar! Maybe a restaurant, hotel/restaurant bar, special event? Do they drop a ball in Atlanta? Thanks in advance.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,705 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve?

Lots of area restaurant do special dinners. Your best bet is probably to pick some restaurants that interest you, and then go to their websites or facebook pages to see if they're doing anything for NYE.

There is the Peach Drop in Underground Atlanta. I've never been but it's usually described as rather sketchy. You can find some reviews by running searches on this forum.

You might also check accessatlanta.com, where you can enter the date and see what events are going on. You'll find a broad array of options.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
113 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve?

Although there are horror stories floating around, I've been to the Peach Drop twice and never had any problems. MARTA was packed, but that's to be expected, and I'd still recommend checking it out.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve?

we like Priccis specual menu for NYE very festive--check opentable.com for other places

4. Re: New Year's Eve?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 18:15