We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury hotel choice?

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
SoCal
Level Contributor
452 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury hotel choice?

I've been sifting through the forum and saw a post from 2010 stating that by general consensus, the St. Regis would be considered the finest hotel in Atlanta. Is that still the case?

We will be there for two nights in May, possibly our one and only trip to Atlanta ever, so would like to stay someplace nice.

Restaurant suggestions welcome, too!

Thanks!

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury hotel choice?

Think the ritz Carlton buckhead may be a bit nicer. Plus shipping et al nearby

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,329 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury hotel choice?

Ritz Buckhead is getting a little long in the tooth. St Regis or Four Seasons would be near the top of my list. Possibly Ritz downtown.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,314 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury hotel choice?

I would go St Regis or Mandarin Oriental.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury hotel choice?

Ritz was totlally renovated in 2008--also if its important the pool at St Regis is closd thru jan 5 heres a link to Frommers--they rate 4 seasons first --check out the write up

frommers.com/destinations/…2_indacc.html

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,314 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury hotel choice?

I like the location of the Four Seasons best. It's the only one of these I've actually stayed in, and I thought it was dated and frumpy, but different people have different styles.

Although not typically among the elites, the Loews hotel here is very nice as well. Quite modern. Excellent location in midtown.

georgia
Level Contributor
490 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury hotel choice?

@bigbohomo: i don't think the pool being closed at st.regis in wintertime will be a big concern... go with st.regis

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury hotel choice?

they have a spa center there, and i was thinkig it must have an indoor pool--never been though,so thats why i pointed it out

SoCal
Level Contributor
452 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxury hotel choice?

We're going in May, but the pool won't be an issue as with only two days in Atlanta I suspect we will be busy doing other things.

Interesting that there isn't really a consensus here - sounds like any of the big three: Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, St. Regis are good but there's not one that stands out?

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxury hotel choice?

Well most locals don't stay at hotels. I've stayed at business sessions overnight at buckhead ritz and it was fabulous. Id,rely on feedback from ratings ,agencies like frommers. but in sure all 3 are great its just what part of town you want to be. As an aside we stayed in the upperfkoor suites,at ritz. They were,expensive but worth it. At the time,we had .24 hr concieege. Service

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,279 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luxury hotel choice?

Like JAtlanta suggest take a look at Mandarin Oriental they get pretty good reviews.