We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Convention in Atlanta-taxi or rent a car

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Monroe township
1 post
Save Topic
Convention in Atlanta-taxi or rent a car

My daughter and I are visiting Atlanta in February for a cheer competition and I am worried about driving in and around the city. Is it worth taking a taxi including to and from airport or is it easy enough to get around if I rent a car? We will be staying at the Embassy Suites on Akers Mill Road.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,209 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Convention in Atlanta-taxi or rent a car

You will need a car if you want to get downtown easily. Your hotel is fairly far out.

Where else do you need to go, like where is the competition?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,227 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Convention in Atlanta-taxi or rent a car

You will need to rent a car. A taxi would be very expensive. Why are you staying so far away?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
664 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Convention in Atlanta-taxi or rent a car

If it's the Cheersport Nationals, the competition appears to be at the World Congress Center, so I agree with the others, start by changing your hotel if you haven't pre-paid.

(Congress Center is "downtown", close to MARTA rail line from airport.)

4. Re: Convention in Atlanta-taxi or rent a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 00:17