We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel

Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel

Going to try out for the VOICE this weekend.. have a car but need a nice but not expensive hotel - we can drive. Suggestions?? I was thinking of the airport area.

thanks!

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
6,008 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel

Perimeter or Midtown. Airport is pretty isolated.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
13,607 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel

How many people are coming? Look at Priceline if just 2 and you can share a bed if needed or Hotwire (enter 3 people) if you want 2 beds. Since you are driving you have more flexibility. A 4star hotel at the airport would be fine via Priceline or Hotwire. 3star or higher in other areas.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
13,607 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel

Right now on Hotwire, there are 4star hotels at the airport and Perimeter for $65 and a 3.5* at the airport for $55. All have satisfaction ratings of 90% or higher which is great.

Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel

thanks!!

We are going to arrive on Sat. and we were thinking of leaving on Monday. A friend just said that we should be gone before Monday.. as there may be too many closed roads etc. (I don't think that should be a problem!).. Thoughts?

Edited: 16 January 2013, 02:37
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,631 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel

Why would there be closed roads?

I agree with the suggestion to Priceline downtown, Buckhead, midtown or Perimeter. Since you'll have a car you can also consider the Cobb Galleria area. The airport is too isolated and surrounding areas are sketchy at night.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
666 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel

The auditions are at the AmericasMart downtown.

Personally I would try to get a hotel downtown from which I could walk to the audition not risking my beautiful voice (not) and artistic temperament to the possible breakdown of motor vehicles. So try Priceline or Hotwire unless you need 2 beds.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel

Hotwire has 4* downtown hotel for only $88 and the approval rating is 90%.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel

Just know that the City of Atlanta hired an aggressive company to enforce parking laws. If you park in a no parking zone, your car will get booted, and you will have to pay $75/100 to get it removed. Consider MARTA if you decide to stay at a hotel along the train route, if not, make sure you can legally park where you choose (if not a paid parking deck or lot, don't go there).

Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel

thank you for letting me know a VERY important part of any trip! I shall watch where I park. Appreciate your info!

Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel

check out betterbidding.com. I just booked the Marriot Marquise downtown for $60+tax etc.