We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic in Atlanta

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Peoria, Illinois
3 posts
Save Topic
Traffic in Atlanta

We are going to spend a Friday in March at the Georgia Aquarium on our way to Tampa. What would be the best route when we leave. We will probably leave around 4pm.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traffic in Atlanta

75 south the whole way to Tampa.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,438 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traffic in Atlanta

When you leave the aquarium you can just follow the signs to I-75. They'll take you from Luckie to Ivan Allen to 75.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,565 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traffic in Atlanta

Be prepared for backups on 75 for 10 or so miles as you head south. After that, it should be clear sailing.

Where are you planning on stopping for the night?

Peoria, Illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Traffic in Atlanta

We are going to go as far as we can. Thanks - I was worried about the traffic at that time. We usually try to stear clear of Atlanta at that time.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,817 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traffic in Atlanta

If you can leave at 3:30, it would be better.

If you leave at 4:30, you might as well eat an early dinner in Atlanta and then get on the road.

By 6:30, traffic should be flowing normally.

4 to 6pm on a Friday afternoon in Atlanta is "iffy".

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traffic in Atlanta

You will hit traffic downtown, unless you take 19/41 (Northside Drive) down south of I-20. You will hit traffic again at I75 South and the Hudson Bridge Exit (stockbridge) where I-75 narrows. Consider leaving earlier or staying later for dinner as onemoreroad suggests.

7. Re: Traffic in Atlanta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 05:18