We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

so long since last trip, feels like my first time

Asheville, North...
1 post
Save Topic
so long since last trip, feels like my first time

Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out the best time to plan our upcoming trip. I have a 4 year old and we are wanting to go to the coca cola place and the aquarium.

I am wondering if it would be easier for us to come in on like a Tuesday and leave on a Thursday? As far as traffic being less dense during the week versus the weekend?

Also, do those places tend to be less crowded during the week?

When is spring break usually? We are ok with crowds, just hoping to be able to enjoy it with a little bit less of a crowd.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
14,479 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: so long since last trip, feels like my first time

I think that week days are less crowded than weekends.

Spring breaks vary widely and many school districts are on a new calendar that gives them a winter break.

Come on down when you can and enjoy your trip!

Afternoons can be better than mornings when school and/or day care groups visit the aquarium.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
113 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: so long since last trip, feels like my first time

As far as those attractions go, weekdays will definitely be less busy. Also, it'll be easier to park downtown during the weekday (between 10am & 3ish-pm). So a Tuesday through Thursday trip will likely work out well for you.

Spring break starts as early as the first week of March in the metro-ATL area, and goes through most of April.

Have fun!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,806 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: so long since last trip, feels like my first time

I agree that weekdays are less busy for the aquarium. But if you have to go over a weekend, get there right when it opens to avoid the biggest crowds. When you buy your tickets you'll have the opportunity to reserve your dolphin show time in advance. Definitely make that reservation, as the show sells out. Also, get to the theater for the show early to get a good seat.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
450 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: so long since last trip, feels like my first time

the public schools in metro Atlanta go on spring break around the second week of April this year... the private schools tend to go earlier in March... when the public schools are out the traffic is much lighter, etc. it is one of my favorite weeks out in 'burbs of Atlanta where I live the week days in the afternoon is the best time to visit the aquarium ...it is an amazing place... plan to spend some time don't rush through it

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: so long since last trip, feels like my first time

agree during the week is better, by alot.I think your daughter would like the cheldrens museum far mor that coke world--whoch is very commercial

6. Re: so long since last trip, feels like my first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2014, 05:18