We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What area offers nightlife, shopping & resturants?

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
What area offers nightlife, shopping & resturants?

Headed to Atlanta on April 26-29 for a Hair Show @The Convention Center. We (7 females) would like to stay in a central location that offers shopping, resturants and nightlife. What would you guys suggest? Please help....

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
664 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What area offers nightlife, shopping & resturants?

Is this Bonner Brothers? Big show.

Midtown, around/between the Midtown or Arts Center MARTA stations, and on Peachtree St or west to West Peachtree St or east to Piedmont.

The best shopping is in Buckhead at Lenox and Phipps malls. They are near each other and accessible by MARTA. This would be less convenient for going to the World Congress Center because it is further north and above a split in the MARTA rail line so the trains are less frequent and you have to pay attention to which train you're getting on northbound.

There are hotels around Centennial Olympic Park that would allow you to walk to the World Congress Center but the area is not so good for the extras.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
113 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What area offers nightlife, shopping & resturants?

Buckhead & Midtown are your best bets.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,089 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What area offers nightlife, shopping & resturants?

I agree with the previous suggestions but Atlantic Station would be another option. Hotel, restaurants and shopping all in one area. There may be a VRBO.com rental available. With 7 females it may work better then Midtown or Buckhead because people can come and go at different times everything is steps away Iinstead of several blocks and/or a train, car ride away) You all may want to go to Buckhead for shopping at Lenox or Phipps malls, but I'd prefer staying at Atlantic Station if I'm traveling with a group. Nothing is more miserable than being ready to go back to the hotel to sleep and the others are still partying (IMO anyway). Shopping includes Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, H&M, DSW, etc. -

atlanticstation.com/shop/…listings

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,321 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What area offers nightlife, shopping & resturants?

Check ouy the first two Top Questions on the right for my take on this. I generally suggest midtown.

Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What area offers nightlife, shopping & resturants?

Not Bronner Brothers, its the Natural Hair Show. We don't mind taking the Marta or a cab to the convention Center, but we'd like to be in walking distance to nightlife without looking like tourists.

Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
664 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What area offers nightlife, shopping & resturants?

Ahhh, glad I asked (even if I got their name wrong) ... I see the Natural Hair Show is at the Georgia International Convention Center which is near the airport NOT the one downtown so you will def want to be near a MARTA train station. The convention center is now connected to the airport by the Skytrain.

Take a look online and see if Opera and/or Reign and its neighbor Vanquish suit you. They're in the 30309 zipcode in Midtown. The bar at the W Midtown and/or the Loews in Midtown might work too. (Sorry, I've never been inside myself)

Then come back you want something different.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What area offers nightlife, shopping & resturants?

Just know that Opera has a very strict dress code, but it is the place to be in Atlanta right now. I think they offer transportation, but I could be wrong, I am too old for clubbing.

http://www.operaatlanta.com/

Just pick something near a MARTA train station, and you will be fine (I would pick the cheapest nice hotel in the Perimeter Area - Ashford Dunwoody Road -- and spend my savings on meals and other fun things, the hotel is where you shower and sleep), but with 7 of you, you may find a vacation rental that is cheaper overall (and you will gain a kitchen). www.itsmarta.com

Edited: 08 February 2013, 15:22
8. Re: What area offers nightlife, shopping & resturants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2014, 05:16