We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marta Travel

Wartburg, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Topic
Marta Travel

We are going down to Atlanta for a Monster Truck show at the Dome. We are thinking about staying in Sandy Springs and riding the MARTA down early that afternoon and using it after the show which will be around 10ish. We have two small children (4&5) and we are wondering if this is safe? I know going down will be fine, but I am concerned about the trip back. Any suggestions? I know going back we will have to change trains before Sandy Springs because of the time.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,713 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marta Travel

Quite safe. I'd have no worries about it.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
6,174 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marta Travel

There will be plenty of other people doing the same thing.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
113 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marta Travel

You'll be perfectly fine. Just note that when you're traveling back to Sandy Springs, after the show, you'll need to transfer trains at the Lindbergh Center stop. Hop off & wait for the North Springs line... otherwise you'll be riding straight to Doraville.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,301 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marta Travel

itll be safe but id drive for convenience--you can park right across from the dome, and just jump in your car---if your kids are like my grandsons, theyll want to sleep, and seems the car would be more of a sure thing, as opposed to standing in marta train i live in snady springs and if you pm me ill give the route id take going and coming home

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marta Travel

I don't think you'd have a problem on Marta at all, but I'd agree with the previous poster in suggesting to drive. According to Marta's website, you should be able to take small children on for free (under 46"), meaning you'd only be paying for 2 adults. At $2.50 per person per trip, you're spending about $10 for fare plus $1 for each Breeze card (if you don't already have one) for $12 roundtrip. If you pay for the kids, that'll be $20 ($24 including the Breeze cards).

http://itsmarta.com/fares-passes.aspx

In comparison, the Georgia World Congress Center (which operates the Georgia Dome) has parking passes available for the Orange Lot for $15 on their website, which is adjacent to the south side of the Dome. We've purchased parking passes for events from them before and it has been really easy. The website is below (click on "Online Parking Permits" and navigate from there to the proper event). A map of the parking areas is on this page as well.

www.gwcc.com/directions/parking/default.aspx

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
413 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Marta Travel

I'm confused - is MARTA an elevated train, underground subway or a bus?

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
6,174 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marta Travel

Answered on the other thread.

8. Re: Marta Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 07:16