We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlanta to Acworth by public transport, is it possible?

queensland
Level Contributor
430 posts
181 reviews
Save Topic
Atlanta to Acworth by public transport, is it possible?

I will be arriving by plane in Atlanta at 8.00pm and need to get to Acworth. I am guessing I should stay overnight in Atlanta and make my way to Acworth in the morning. Is there a bus or train to Acworth, appreciate any help. Any suggestions on 2 or 3 star hotel in Atlanta, price range $70-100 for my first night. Thanks in advance for any help, advice.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,910 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlanta to Acworth by public transport, is it possible?

No public transportation with the slim possible exception of Greyhound. The Cobb County bus system doesn't run to there.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
882 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlanta to Acworth by public transport, is it possible?

MARTA/Cobb County Bus to the end of the line and then take a cab to Acworth from there, is the only way I can figure it-----

Atlanta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
705 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlanta to Acworth by public transport, is it possible?

Car rental is your best bet, honestly. A cab will be a fortune to take the entire way.

By bus, you'd have to take Marta to the Cobb County Transit station. From there, you'd have to take one maybe two more buses. I think the closest you could get to Acworth would be somewhere near Town Center Mall in Kennesaw. Then take a taxi from there.

I think there are some budget-type hotels off Highway 92 and I-75, but I cannot recommend any of them from experience. The Town Center/Kennesaw area will have more options (Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn, etc...) because Kennesaw State University and a number of businesses/distribution centers are in the area. Look for options off Barrett Parkway and either I-75 or I-575, or off Chastain Road and I-75 and I-575.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlanta to Acworth by public transport, is it possible?

I recommend renting a car as well. Once you get to Ackworth, you will have no way to get around without a car. Rental cars can be surprisingly cheap.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
147 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlanta to Acworth by public transport, is it possible?

I agree that a rental is the best option. The transition from MARTA to Cobb Community Transit, which I have done on many occasions, can be tedious and once you get to the transfer station in Marietta, you would have to change again. Transferring all your baggage from the train, hauling it upstairs to the bus bay- having had to be sure that you get off at the right station -and just general unfamiliarity with the system would make this difficult. In addition, when you eliminate the night's stay in Atlanta, it may balance out your car expense.

You don't say whether you're staying at a hotel or with friends in Acworth but if it is a hotel, you will want to check TripAdvisor hotel reviews for Acworth. Hotels in the area of Town Center Mall or Kennesaw State University may be of better quality than some that I've visited in Acworth, and if you have a car, it's a short trip from Kennesaw to Acworth.

As well, anything that you do in that area will require other than public transportation.

6. Re: Atlanta to Acworth by public transport, is it possible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2014, 07:16