We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any advice on the peachtree westin?

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
boston
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
any advice on the peachtree westin?

Any advice on this hotel would be appreciated , staying there in mid june , recent reviews havent looked too promising but got a good package deal on travelocity . Also going to turner field , im sure tickets will be available there , anything must be better than dealing with the ticket shortages and maniacs in boston!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any advice on the peachtree westin?

I haven't stayed here but I've been to the observatory a couple of times recently. The lobby is fairly nice - it has the feel of a hotel for business people but it had lots of tourists when we were there. The restaurant there is nothing to write home about and pretty pricey. The location is good for a Braves game. Downtown is pretty dead at night, but if you're getting a good enough deal, you can venture out to other areas to find excitement. Turner Field is much larger than the Ted, and you're in football country, so it will not be as hard to get tickets as it is in Boston.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,791 posts
1,151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any advice on the peachtree westin?

i agree. excellent advice. we love the elevators.

Charlotte
Level Contributor
78 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any advice on the peachtree westin?

I stayed there a couple years ago when it was the Swissotel. It was good (I'd say 3 star) clean and needed a little remodel. I am sure the Westin has done that by now. The location is great - Buckhead has good restaurants, shopping, and easy access. the hotel is across the street from a major shopping mall called Lenox. There is a fancy restaurant at the Westin called the Palm. My favorite restaurant in the Buckhead area is Aria. Have fun!

NW Ga
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: any advice on the peachtree westin?

browneyedgal,

You're thinking of a different hotel up near Lenox mall. The one I think they are talking about is the round hotel downtown. I stayed there maybe 15 years ago for some meetings. Back then they had a decent brunch upstairs on sundays in the revolving rest. I don't think they do it anymore. It was nice to sit up there for a couple of hours eating/talking and watching the city go by.

Back when I stayed there....the rooms were releatively small.....nothing really impressive except the views out the windows.

Watkinsville...
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any advice on the peachtree westin?

As a multi-year Satrwood platinum....

It will be fine for your purposes. Atlanta "rolls up the sidewalk" at night and the weekend nightlife there is not much better. This is a businessman's hotel that offers great weekend packages when they are empty.

The facility is older and the rooms are a bit small. There are things to see and do, but nothing like downtown Boston or New York. The new aquarium is nice, the World of Coke is neat, etc. The nightlife is in a place called Buckhead, which is about 8 miles north - take the train.

For tickets, watch the scalpers for counterfits and selling yesterday's seats. The Boston series will be very crowded because so many of you northerners will come down here. Anything but the awful upper deck seats will be sold out.

Try eBay or StubHub as an alternative to scalpers.

Also, the beer tasles the same, but do not expect good park food in Atlanta's stadium - the "Pete and Joe's" BBQ is about as good as it gets.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: any advice on the peachtree westin?

There's a good bit of nightlife to be had in Midtown, which is not only closer to your hotel then Buckhead but safer. Plenty of good dining to be had in that area as well. Downtown does look like a ghosttown after dark but you there's plenty to do during the day.

I do agree about the food at the Ted. I think the BBQ pork itself is good but I was unimpressed with the sauces. I usually end up going over to Willy's, which serves freshly made to order burritos. Half of one fills me up. My in-laws usually split one when they are in town for games. And since food prices are outrageous at most MLB parks, it really helps.

Totally agree about the scalpers. Some of them are indeed selling fake tickets so stick to the box office or Internet ticket dealers if you can.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: any advice on the peachtree westin?

I apologize for the spelling/grammar errors in my previous post. My fingers got ahead of my brain.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: any advice on the peachtree westin?

Just to add the previous post, nightlife in Atlanta has really shifted away from Buckhead (unless you're 18-20) and is more focused in midtown for clubs and Virginia Highland for neighborhood-ish bars. Also, the bar district in Buckhead is more than a mile from the Buckhead MARTA station and MARTA closes at 1am (12:30am on weekends), so if you do go to the Buckhead bar district, you would want to drive or take a taxi.

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: any advice on the peachtree westin?

We've eaten several times at the Chop Shop in the stadium. It is nice because you can eat in there and watch the game but tables outside are hard to come by. We get the hamburgers and fries served in baskets and a beer. The food is adequate, not outstanding. Altogether it will cost you about $20 per person.

Roswell, GA
Level Contributor
385 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: any advice on the peachtree westin?

If I'm not mistaken, you can still bring in your own food to the Braves games. You can't bring in bottles or coolers or alcohol but you can bring in food in grocery bags and drinks in plastic containers. I can promise you, this will save you lots of money.