We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marta Train Station

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
413 posts
Save Topic
Marta Train Station

Is www.itsmarta.com like Wash DC Metro and SF BART (ie - clean, new and safe) or is it like NY (old, unsafe)

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marta Train Station

More like DC than anything else.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,641 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marta Train Station

I don't agree that NYC subway is unsafe. Cleanliness is a different issue. I think MARTA is one of the cleaner systems in the US.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
413 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Marta Train Station

I'm confused - is MARTA an elevated train, underground subway or a bus?

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marta Train Station

It is a heavy rail system similar to DC Metro with underground and above ground sections with various connecting bus routes. www.itsmarta.com

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5,361 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marta Train Station

I agree with JAtlanta - NYC subways are quite safe (probably safer than your own neighborhood).

MARTA is a transit system, consisting of a commuter train (often called a "subway" even though only parts of it are underground) and buses. The same ticket system (known as a Breeze card) can be used on both the trains and the buses.

-JimG

6. Re: Marta Train Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 06:15