We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MARTA to Philips Arena from East

Washington, Georgia
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
MARTA to Philips Arena from East

Got last minute tickets for Pink at Philips Arena and trying to figure everything out! I'm wondering if I should take the MARTA instead of parking near the arena - not to avoid paying $20 but because of possible delays in exiting the parking structures. I live 2 hours away and I'm worried I might get stuck in long lines to exit.

So my questions are: Should I expect lengthly lines to exit the parking structures? If I were to take the MARTA in from the east. which (if any) station would be safest for returning to our car at a late hour? Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,803 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MARTA to Philips Arena from East

I'd park at the Inman Park station, which is easy to access from I-20 via Moreland Ave and is in a safe area. Marta will be crowded leaving Phillips though, so you might have to wait in line a while to get a train. You might find that the time waiting at Marta + the time the train takes is pretty close to the amount of time you'd wait in a parking lot.

I usually park at the State Bar building, which is about 2 blocks from the arena and does not get very crowded. It's pretty easy to get in and out of that lot and it's past the concert crowd so traffic is never that bad. The cost will be pretty close to the cost of 2 2-way Marta tix.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MARTA to Philips Arena from East

Agree with jatlanta, the lines out of philips after could be long,so drivng is a better idea by farI go to alot of hawks games, and park in the CNN decks right across the street--after the game we beat the crowds because we're parking so close--we are on the higway in 5 minutes usually

Washington, Georgia
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MARTA to Philips Arena from East

Thank you both!

Washington, Georgia
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MARTA to Philips Arena from East

Hi! My daughter and I are going to see P!nk again tomorrow. This time I have to get home quickly because my husband is ill. You mentioned in your reply to my question in March about the State Bar building where you park. Where is it located? Do you think I would be able to exit and get on the freeway quickly from there? Is there an attendant at night and is it safe? I did post this general question again on the forum in case you don't see my note to you here, but I'm hoping your original answer might work for me this time. Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,803 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MARTA to Philips Arena from East

The address is 104 Marietta St NW, Atlanta, GA. It is attended and secure. If there are not a lot of people parking there for an event, they close the gates at night. So, when you come back to your car, you would need to buzz them from the call box so security can buzz you into the deck. I'm not sure whether Pink will draw a big crowd at that parking deck or not.

It will be easy to get back on 20 when you leave. Just take a right out of the deck and follow the directions given by Google maps. There's not usually much traffic when you exit turning right.

6. Re: MARTA to Philips Arena from East

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2014, 06:19