We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How come there is no Fayette County forum?

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fayetteville
Level Contributor
545 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How come there is no Fayette County forum?

Fayette County needs a forum so that we Fayette natives can let people know how our county is and if it's a good place to visit and etc. Anyway I believe most people in Fayette don't want people to know how great the county is and are afraid of "outsiders" moving in. We have a terriffic school system and "most "of the people are great that is if you live outside of "high priced" Peachtree City.There are some nice motels and great places to eat down here also.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How come there is no Fayette County forum?

Hey, mama. I lived in Fayetteville from '73 to '96 (went to FCHS) and my mother still lives there, so I am down there quite a bit. I loved growng up there and enjoy going back. It really has changed from what it once was. When we moved in, the Dairy Queen, Dell's Drive-In and Melear's were the only places to eat.

To address your questions, I think Fayette County is a great place to live but I must confess that I don't often think of it as a travel destination. When I got married at First Baptist in 2003, most of our out of town guests stayed at the Holiday Inn on the square. They loved the courthouse and the shops around the square. Many of them went down to Warm Springs to see the Little White House. I'm not sure if they made it to the Holliday Dorsey Fife House.

Remember when the escaped prisoners tried to burn down the courthouse in the 80s?

One place I really enjoy going to is the City Cafe and Bakery, especially for lunch with my mother. And Village Cafe is good, too.

Fayetteville does come up when we do get the occasional relocation post (i.e., where should I live in metro Atlanta?). But Trip Advisor really frowns on such posts because they want the focus to be on travel, not relocation. So such posts usually get stopped by the Trip Advisor forum moderator.

Fayetteville
Level Contributor
545 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How come there is no Fayette County forum?

I grew up outside Tyrone and went to Tyrone elem, BoothJr high and McIntosh High. I moved away and now I'm back so my girls can get a quality education.

3. Re: How come there is no Fayette County forum?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 08:19