We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good hotels for teens

North Carolina
4 posts
Save Topic
good hotels for teens

Am looking for a hotel in Atlanta that would be fun for two teens who will be with me. I believe the area I need to be in is the Lenox Road area; $100-$175 range. Is this a safe area and which hotels have the best pools, arcades, etc.?

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Lenox Villas
Lenox Villas
Atlanta, GA
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,070 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good hotels for teens

I have never heard of a hotel having an arcade but, then again, I don't have kids so it's not something I've looked for in a hotel. If you want to be in Buckhead, there are a lot of nice hotels that I would expect to fall in that price range- Embassy Suites, JW Marriott, Hyatt, Intercontinenal, Westin. Virtually any hotel chain you could think of has a hotel in Buckhead. I don't have personal experience with these hotels, but since nobody else has responded to your questions, I would suggest that you get on the hotel websites and check out their amenities and photos. Except for the bar district, which does seem to be cleaning up its act, Buckhead is a very safe neighborhood.

Mentioned in this post
Buckhead
Buckhead
409 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Roswell, GA
Level Contributor
385 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good hotels for teens

I've been to and recommended the Marriott at Perimeter Mall. They have an indoor pool, across the street from a great mall and a MARTA train station for easy access to a Braves Games. If you will have a car, it's only a 10 or 15 minute drive up Ga. 400 to Roswell where the kids will love Startime (great arcades, movies, putt-putt, etc.) and Andretti's indoor race track. Both are very popular with my teen and his friends. The Lenox, Perimeter and Roswell areas are all quite safe.

Mentioned in this post
Perimeter Mall
Perimeter Mall
244 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Roswell
Roswell
Georgia
Lenox Villas
Lenox Villas
Atlanta, GA
atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good hotels for teens

The best hotel for kids is the Westin Peachtree Center - Why:

one of only 2-4 hotels that has an indoor pool.

great view if you stay on the upper floors

close to many cool kid attractions downtown, hard rock cafe, aquarium, world of coke, olympic park, the varsity restaruant. You can find it for 140-200/night, which isnt cheap, but isnt bad for any downtown hotel in a big city. And for you, the Sundial Restaurant is on the top floor of this hotel, and offers the best steak in atlanta "the hickory smoked prime rib".

Northern California
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good hotels for teens

Which Marriott is the one at Perimeter Mall?

Mentioned in this post
Perimeter Mall
Perimeter Mall
244 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Canton, Georgia
Level Contributor
64 posts
488 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good hotels for teens

It's called "Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center". Put it in the search at the top left on this page and it goes right to it.

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center
Atlanta Marriott...
496 Reviews
Dunwoody, GA
atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: good hotels for teens

Also note that you can not get to the braves game via the train, you have to exit and take shuttle busses

Northern California
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: good hotels for teens

Thank you! That is good information to have.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
210 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: good hotels for teens

My only concern is that the hotels being recommended here are not close to Lenox Road, and the traffic in that area can be horrible. You need to look for hotels that are in Buckhead close to Lenox Mall. Sorry I can't recommend any, the last time I stayed overnight in that part of town was in 1990 when we first moved to Atlanta. (We stayed at the Embassy Suites then, but I don't even know if it's still there.) Also note that there is a MARTA subway station within walking distance of Lenox Mall, but the subway here is not as large, convenient, or safe as it is in other cities--it will take you to the Five Points area or to the airport, but not a lot of other places. The area around Lenox is going to cater mostly to business travelers, although there are a lot of great places to go shopping and there are restaurants and other places to go up and down Peachtree Street. You will need a car to get anywhere because Atlanta is not friendly to people who walk. I actually live 30 miles outside the city but two of the places we drive to that area for are the Atlanta History Center and the Georgia Shakespeare Festival at Oglethorpe College.

Mentioned in this post
Lenox Villas
Lenox Villas
Atlanta, GA
Buckhead
Buckhead
409 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Atlanta History Center
Atlanta History Center
1,206 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Georgia
Georgia
United States
9. Re: good hotels for teens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 02:18