We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Final 4 trip - hotel & Masters

Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Final 4 trip - hotel & Masters

Coming in Saturday morning and leaving Tuesday night with my 9 year old son. Currently have a hotel donightnightwntown and in midtown booked and I'm assuming that almost all of our time will be basketball related activities so I'm leaning towards staying downtown, but wanted to get some opinions here on one vs the other.

Also thinking of a day trip to Augusta to try and squeeze in a practice round before we fly out Tuesday night. Any input on this?

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Final 4 trip - hotel & Masters

I'd rather stay in midtown than downtown--even if I had something to do/see downtown at some point during the trip.

Augusta may be a stretch. It's over 2 hours each way, not including traffic. You'll have to make it a short practice round and hope you don't meet any traffic on the way to/from. You'll be dead tired that night...

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,705 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Final 4 trip - hotel & Masters

I'd rather stay in midtown as well. For a more thorough discussions of the merits of each though check out the first Top Question on the right. I've done Augusta as a day trip, and it is a long boring drive. That seems to be a lot to take on. Take your son to the aquarium instead.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Final 4 trip - hotel & Masters

Augusta is almost 3 hours.

4. Re: Final 4 trip - hotel & Masters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 06:16