We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 choices for Final 4 Hotel Downtown

Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
2 choices for Final 4 Hotel Downtown

Hello,

I'll be attending the Final 4(Sat-Tues) with my 9 year old son and currently have 2 rooms booked on points and was hoping that someone could assist me with making my decision on which to cancel.

My two reservations are at the Glen Hotel and the Residence Inn downtown. It appears that both are within walking distance. I currently have both rooms booked on points so the only price concern is the number of points I want to use, but wondering if anyone has any other suggestions that I should be considering before cancelling one of them.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,525 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 choices for Final 4 Hotel Downtown

The Glenn Hotel could not be more convenient, and really is a cool hotel. One thing to check though is that at least when it first opened, the showers had a glass wall into the bedroom. This is a feature in a lot of more modern hotels, and can be cool when traveling as a couple. Not so much with a 9 year old kid. I recall complaints about this, and they've probably installed curtains or something now. If that's handled, the Glenn would be my top choice.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,206 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 choices for Final 4 Hotel Downtown

+1 on glenn couldnt get any closer get your beer before you go in to dome

Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 choices for Final 4 Hotel Downtown

Thanks for the great feedback!

I had originally booked the Residence Inn, but added the Glenn strictly based on the location. I've read that the Glenn also provides breakfast vouchers for Platinum guests and this would be of value since the Residence Inn provides a breakfast daily.

Funny how priorities change when booking with my son vs my wife. The Glenn would be a no-brainer if it was just her and I, but the breakfast at the Residence Inn may be worth the extra 6-7 blocks with my son.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,525 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 choices for Final 4 Hotel Downtown

The breakfast - and the avoiding of the questions that come along with having a see-through shower in the middle of the room!

5. Re: 2 choices for Final 4 Hotel Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2014, 06:16