We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Final Four from Midtown Questions

Indiana
Level Contributor
243 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Final Four from Midtown Questions

Hi, coming to town to watch our Cards. If we win on Saturday, we're staying in Midtown at the Marriott Suites for Sunday and Monday and I have the following questions, thanks in advance for the help - TA is the best!

1. First, on Saturday, we'll be driving into the city from the burbs. Any parking advice for gameday and what can I expect to pay? Should I buy a parking spot in advance?

2. Once we're at the Marriott Suites in Midtown:

a. Any good ideas for a late breakfast or brunch on Monday morning (11 - 1:00) that we can walk to?

b. Good sports bars to walk to to watch the lady cards on Sunday night in their final 4?

c. Transport to the game on Monday from midtown -- do we take a cab or try Marta? There are 3 of us and I use public transport in other cities and wondered about ease of travel, cost, safety with 2 women, time, etc. What would you suggest for getting to the Georgia Dome both Sunday to hang out and Monday for the finals.

3. Easy to sneak airplane bottles into the Georgia Dome?

Any other tips are appreciated, thanks very much.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,474 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Final Four from Midtown Questions

Ooh, I do love neatly outlined questions! See below.

1. First, on Saturday, we'll be driving into the city from the burbs. Any parking advice for gameday and what can I expect to pay? Should I buy a parking spot in advance?

I'd expect to pay $15-20 or more. If you can buy a pass online for one of the CNN or Dome lots, that would give you some certainly. Otherwise, you'd just need to drive around until you found a lot that had spaces, and it can be a confusing area to navigate. Depending on which 'burbs you're coming in from, it might make sense to park at a MARTA station like Lindbergh which is free for the day, and take MARTA to the game.

2. Once we're at the Marriott Suites in Midtown:

a. Any good ideas for a late breakfast or brunch on Monday morning (11 - 1:00) that we can walk to?

Empire State South, Highland Bakery, South City Kitchen or Einstein's (check hours online to make sure they're open Mondays)

b. Good sports bars to walk to to watch the lady cards on Sunday night in their final 4?

Taco Mac or Hudson Grill are ideal. You might also like Cypress Pint & Plate or RiRa Irish Pub.

c. Transport to the game on Monday from midtown -- do we take a cab or try Marta? There are 3 of us and I use public transport in other cities and wondered about ease of travel, cost, safety with 2 women, time, etc. What would you suggest for getting to the Georgia Dome both Sunday to hang out and Monday for the finals.

Take MARTA. It's easy and safe.

3. Easy to sneak airplane bottles into the Georgia Dome?

Easier for women, as with men they may search waistband or make you lift pants legs and with women they just do a precursory root through the purse. If the gals can stick the minis in waistband or tuck into undershirt, I'd be shocked if they were discovered. I've done this by just putting the bottles in a make-up bag inside my big purse and didn't get caught, but it seems a little riskier.

Indiana
Level Contributor
243 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Final Four from Midtown Questions

Excellent, great advice -- thanks. We're coming in from Lilburn, so is there a convenient MARTA station on the way in to park and then ride to the Georgia Dome? What is the cost of MARTA tickets>

Thanks!!

Indiana
Level Contributor
243 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Final Four from Midtown Questions

Sorry, one more -- I'll look at Marta schedule, but how late do the trains run?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,474 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Final Four from Midtown Questions

From Lilburn, I'd suggest the Lindbergh, Chamblee or Doraville MARTA stations, all of which have free parking. Trains run until about 2am, depending on point of departure. Here's the schedule:

http://www.itsmarta.com/ne-dor.aspx

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,670 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Final Four from Midtown Questions

MARTA trains run generally from 6AM to 1AM.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,184 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Final Four from Midtown Questions

great response for J atlanta,as usual--sent you a PM in case youre driving and coming down 85

7. Re: Final Four from Midtown Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2014, 05:17