We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Movie theaters near Dunwoody...

gulf shores
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Movie theaters near Dunwoody...

I am looking for theaters close to the Hilton Garden in Dunwoody. Someone mentioned Perimeter Pointe theater but said it wasn't real nice (not modern). but it seems like the closest and easiest to find. What about one in Buckhead? anyone ever been to the AMC Buckhead Backlot Cinema & Cafe? read some good and bad reviews.

does the perimeter pointe have stadium seating? we will probably eat at cheeseburger in paradise that night (by the super target) and that theater is just righ tup the road isnt' it? on Perimeter Ctr. W?

thanks.

oh and is there anywhere online (or not) where i can get coupons to white water?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,583 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Movie theaters near Dunwoody...

Perimeter Pointe is OK, but it doesn't have stadium seating. It's just a traditional theater - nothing spectacular. You're correct about the location.

The Buckhead Backlot is OK. I like that you can order food and beer to your table. However, the crowd noise and servers moving through the theater during the movie can get annoying. The screens are small and the picture is not the sharpest.

LeFonte Sandy Springs Theater is nice - with an assortment of wine and beer and more upscale snacks. It shows about half indy films and half mainstream films. It's not stadium style, but it is newly remodeled and very nice.

I still prefer the theater in Atlantic Station.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Movie theaters near Dunwoody...

Hey there, Ali. Parkway Pointe is okay. It's the closest theater to where you're staying so it will do the job.

The LeFont Sandy Springs that JAtlanta mentioned isn't that far from there. I tend to like it more because as noted, it has some indy films. As a result, it attracts a less...well, teeny bopper-type crowd than the one at Parkway Pointe. Does that make sense? Maybe I'm just getting old. ;-)

I did find a link to info. on coupons for Whitewater. Try this:

www.sunkist.com/sixflags. You might also check to see if there are Coke cans here in Atlanta with a coupon on the side for Whitewater, too. I've noticed they do that for Six Flags sometimes and they own Whitewater now, too.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Movie theaters near Dunwoody...

Oops, that's Perimeter Pointe. Parkway Pointe is way over in Cobb County.

BSQ
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Movie theaters near Dunwoody...

I agree that Perimeter Point is just OK for movies. I don't much care for the parking, but the theater has aged well.

For Stadium seating we usually go to Regal 24 off of 85 (shallowford road exit I think??). Ticket lines can be horrible and the kiosks for credit card purchases or will call always seem to have all but one out of order.

Doesn't Publix have White Water coupons??

gulf shores
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Movie theaters near Dunwoody...

how do you get to LeFonte Sandy Springs Theater ? is it easy to find? and how much does it cost?

thanks for all the help!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,583 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Movie theaters near Dunwoody...

This link has the address and a map.

http://tinyurl.com/qu68r

The theater is not visible from the road - it is in the back of a shopping center. Look for the shopping center with the Chipotle restaurant in front and wind your way back to the theater.

Most movie theaters cost the same - around $9.