We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best northbound transportation from marta civic center?

Orlando, Florida
3 posts
Save Topic
Best northbound transportation from marta civic center?

Hello, please help. I'm arriving to atlanta via megabus at about 7:30 pm. I then need transportation to get to Gwinnett county. Does anyone know what transportation options are available to me. It looks as if rental car offices are closed by this time. What can I do, please? Thank you!

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
6,852 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best northbound transportation from marta civic center?

You might try Enterprise and see if they have a downtown office open at that time. No other options that I can think of.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
16,328 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best northbound transportation from marta civic center?

1) cab

2) spend the night in midtown and go to gwinnett the next day

where are you trying to get in gwinnett?

Edited: 09 July 2013, 02:15
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,073 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best northbound transportation from marta civic center?

You'll be arriving too late for public transit options, so I agree with the above. If you do decide to stay the night in Atlanta, you can get a bus to Gwinnett County. See here for routes and timetables:

gwinnettcounty.com/portal/…RoutesandSchedules

If you decide to take a taxi you can save a little money by taking MARTA to the Doraville station and getting the taxi there.

Otherwise, the rental car center at the airport is open 24 hours. You'd be backtracking, but you could take MARTA south to the airport to get the car. Traffic won't be bad at that time. This is what I would do.

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
16,328 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best northbound transportation from marta civic center?

J's idea is a good one. Just take MARTA to the airport and rent a car there.

Orlando, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best northbound transportation from marta civic center?

Thank you!

Orlando, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best northbound transportation from marta civic center?

Great advice! Thank you so much. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I feel better now! :))

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best northbound transportation from marta civic center?

I agree that the best option would be to rent a car to get to Gwinnett, but Gwinnett Transit buses have scheduled departures from the Doraville Marta Station all the way up to 8:35pm. Granted, it may depend on where you're going in Gwinnett, but it could be considered another option if you can get from Civic Center to Doraville in time. See Gwinnett Transit local routes 10a, 10b, 20, and 35. A rental car would still be the most ideal mode, though.

gwinnettcounty.com/portal/…RoutesandSchedules

8. Re: Best northbound transportation from marta civic center?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2014, 06:19