We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Atlanta Restaurants

1 post
Save Topic
Downtown Atlanta Restaurants

My family is heading to Atlanta in a couple of weeks and staying Downtown. What are some good kid friendly restaurants in this area?

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
6,780 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown Atlanta Restaurants

Downtown Atlanta is not noted for restaurants, except for hotel restaurants and a few on the higher end, much less kid-friendly ones. Assuming you have transportation, you may need to get up to Midtown or Decatur for a better choice.

Mentioned in this post
Decatur
Decatur
Georgia
atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown Atlanta Restaurants

we just brought our 5 grandsons and parents to Alfredos on Chesire bridge--they were really good with the kids food was great--get there early if youre bringing kids.Excellent Italian food not alot of fancy stuff on menu, srtcilty old family style southern italian.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown Atlanta Restaurants

Just to clarify for the OP, Alfredo's is not in downtown.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
16,061 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown Atlanta Restaurants

Here's a great interactive map -

http://www.atlantadowntown.com/guide/dining

Perhaps Johnny Rockets and Legal Seafood near the Aquarium and Centennial Park and the food court and other restaurants in the CCN center -

http://www.atlantadowntown.com/guide/dining

(Keep pressing the + button to move in closer. Look for the 3 large blue buildings = the Georgia World Congress Center to zero in on the Centennial Park area - Dome, Phillips, Aquarium, etc.)

Mentioned in this post
Georgia World Congress Center
Georgia World Congress...
501 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Downtown Atlanta Restaurants

i think she could figurethat out--but havig a car, i thougt knowing a very friendly family spot that has great food, might expend her horizons a bit--its like 10 minutes at most from downtown.Sometimes limiting definitional terms,like downtown, mean more to us than the posters, are just that , too limiting

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Downtown Atlanta Restaurants

As the others noted, downtown is not really known for dining. My sense is that with kids you'll want something decent and convenient, rather than seeking out the best the city has to offer. In that vein, I'd recommend: Max's Pizza, Johnny Rocket's, Mellow Mushroom, the food court at CNN Center, Ted's Montana Grill, Little Azio, Mama Ninfa's, Taco Mac, Hudson Grill. None of these are going to win any culinary awards, but they're convenient and safe. If you want something a little more upscale, Alma Cocina is good.

Mentioned in this post
Little Azio
Little Azio
23 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Alma Cocina
Alma Cocina
802 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
16,061 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Downtown Atlanta Restaurants

bigbo, she asked for downtown restaurants. I don't think anyone is limiting anything by making recommendations that match her question. If she wants ideas in a 10 mile driving radius, that's an entirely different question.

8. Re: Downtown Atlanta Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2014, 07:18