We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heading to TN, looking for a hotel outside of Atlanta.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
22 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Heading to TN, looking for a hotel outside of Atlanta.

Going to Pigeon Forge from FL, after we pass through Atlanta we want a place to stay the night. Not wanting to spend more then $120/night. Any nice places to stay close to I-75? Any good restaurants? Thanks for your help!

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
6,023 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heading to TN, looking for a hotel outside of Atlanta.

What time do you expect to get to Atlanta? Assume you coming through on I-75?

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
22 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heading to TN, looking for a hotel outside of Atlanta.

Yes off of I75 and it will be late, around 2am. Just need a clean place. Thanks!

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
6,023 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heading to TN, looking for a hotel outside of Atlanta.

One option would be south of town at exit 218, Ga Rt 20. Plenty of chain places there. If you do that you'd have to plan to continue after 9am to avoid morning rush.

Another 45 minutes would get you on the north side to the Marrieta area.

Consider stopping at Forsyth, exit 187, 30 minutes south. Chain places there too.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heading to TN, looking for a hotel outside of Atlanta.

Im a "car" guy and have trailerd a car to Pigeon Forge several times with my truck. Have you looked at going up 441 vs 75--its about 45 miles shorter and with me getting 10mpg, 90miles r/t saves a few bucks--

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
6,023 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heading to TN, looking for a hotel outside of Atlanta.

bbm has a point. You could stop in Madison. Several chain hotels and eating spots there.

6. Re: Heading to TN, looking for a hotel outside of Atlanta.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2014, 06:22