We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping at Lenox in the Fall

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Waleska, Georgia
Level Contributor
34 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping at Lenox in the Fall

My Aunt (early 60's) and Cousin (early 40's) from Tallahassee are coming up to visit us in the Fall sometime between September and the first week of November. They have refined tastes are staying at The W and plan to shop Lenox. When is a good time for them to visit in terms of good sales besides Labor Day sales please?

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,209 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping at Lenox in the Fall

You're in the Metro area, so you should have just as much access to info about sales as we do. There's always something on sale.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
664 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping at Lenox in the Fall

The three department stores at Lenox are Macy's, Bloomingdale's and Neiman Marcus.

Of the three, Macy's always has a bargain somewhere.

For the other two you may want to keep checking their websites nearer the time when you have to choose dates.

If their plans include really high-end items like fur coats or St John knits they could contact the personal shopping services at these stores and see what they suggest.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping at Lenox in the Fall

Perhaps Phipps would suit their refined tastes better than Lenox. It is right across the street.

Edited: 22 July 2013, 05:50
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
49 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping at Lenox in the Fall

I'm not sure exactly what "refined tastes" means in this context, but from what the term implies, I would definitely recommend Phipps Plaza, which is right across the street from Lenox. Phipps has Saks and Nordstrom and overall has more of an "exclusive" feel. But if they want deals, then Macy's is definitely good for that. But they should be fine either way, as the malls are in such close proximity. If they don't care for one mall, they can head over to the next one.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping at Lenox in the Fall

One of my favorite stores is also nearby, Target. However, I guess it is not very refined.

Edited: 25 July 2013, 05:49
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,227 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping at Lenox in the Fall

I'm probably misreading this, but it seems to me like there's some sarcasm in the responses. While I'm certainly more likely to be found at Target than at Bloomies and never met a Macy's coupon I didn't hoard, we all have fancy relatives and I don't see anything wrong with Stephanie taking her relatives to a place that will impress them.

Stephanie, in addition to Lenox and Phipps, both of which have an abundance of high end shopping, your relatives may also like the Shops Around Lenox. Also, for something a little different, I'd suggest taking them to the shop in the Westside Provision District. It has clothing (Sid & Ann Mashburn, Billy Reid, & more) and home decor stores (cute Jonathan Adler store), and is a really cool setting.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,227 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping at Lenox in the Fall

Oh, also that W hotel has a free car service that will take you guys to all of the malls in that area and will pick you back up. It's an Acura SUV, and they'll even come pick up your purchases and put them in your room so that you can continue shopping. Gratuities would be welcome, but there's no charge for the service. In my experience with W Hotels, though, you need to schedule rides in advance if you absolutely have to be somewhere at a set time, because the car is often in use during peak times.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping at Lenox in the Fall

It was meant in good fun.

Great suggestions by JAtlanta.

Fernandina Beach FL
Destination Expert
for Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shopping at Lenox in the Fall

The refined Tar-git shoppers call it Tar-jhey and refer to Burger King as the BK Steak House - LOL

Edited: 25 July 2013, 15:44
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,227 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shopping at Lenox in the Fall

"It was meant in good fun."

Good - I thought I was probably reading too much into that but then thought that if I couldn't tell maybe Stephanie couldn't either and didn't want her to get the wrong idea. Here's to fancy relatives!