We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenny Chesney Concert August 3rd - Need Hotel

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
georgia
Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Kenny Chesney Concert August 3rd - Need Hotel

We are looking for a hotel room close to the Georgia Dome for the Kenny Chesney concert. We have already purchased a parking pass for the concert so the hotel wouldn't have to be within walking distance. I have checked the Omni and Embassy Suites and neither have vacancies. Not very familiar with riding marta so not sure that after a concert is a good "first time" to try it. We live a few hours south of Atlanta so if we have to drive very far it may as well be heading back down the interstate. Any suggestions would be appreciated. (It is always good to not have to drive somewhere though - especially after a concert when you may have a few drinks)

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kenny Chesney Concert August 3rd - Need Hotel

Hotwire has a well-reviewed 4-star hotel in downtown for only $55. Even if you have to pay for parking at the hotel, this is an excellent deal. Although you won't know the exact hotel until you pay, I think this is very low risk, as 85% of customers gave it a "thumbs up" and would stay there again.

Just an FYI, Hotwire deals change on a frequent basis.

Edited: 25 July 2013, 05:43
Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,329 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kenny Chesney Concert August 3rd - Need Hotel

You can find all MARTA info here: www.itsmarta.com

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,314 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kenny Chesney Concert August 3rd - Need Hotel

Don't be intimidated about taking MARTA for the first time. It's basically foolproof. Your options are north/ south, or east/west.

I recommend staying downtown and walking or staying in midtown and taking MARTA. If you're going to be drinking, skip the driving and let someone else have the parking pass.

There are too many hotels to recommend any specific one. Just look on expedia, kayak, etc., for downtown or midtown hotels in your price range. You can look on google maps to see how far it is from Phillips Arena, and can look on Tripadvisor to see hotel reviews. Also, I think this map is really helpful, and shows area hotels

gwcc.com/doc/…20v2.pdf

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,314 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kenny Chesney Concert August 3rd - Need Hotel

Also, although the area around the airport is generally a bit sketchy, the hotels are safe and if you just need somewhere to stay for the concert and will get back on the road home the next day, staying at the airport isn't a bad idea. The hotels there run shuttles to MARTA, and you can just take MARTA to and from the concert. The next day, you'd have a little bit of a head start. If it were me I'd rather stay in the city and walk around some and have a nice breakfast/lunch before heading back, but the airport would be convenient. And airport area hotels usually don't charge for parking, unlike downtown and midtown hotels.

georgia
Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kenny Chesney Concert August 3rd - Need Hotel

So if we chose a hotel by the airport we could park there and then how do you get from the hotel to Marta station (don't laugh - I really don't know) and then after the concert we just get back on Marta at the Georgia Dome and ride it right back to the hotel by the airport? I am assuming that Marta will run really late since it is a concert (then again in Atlanta) that time of night probably isn't late :)

Fernandina Beach FL
Destination Expert
for Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kenny Chesney Concert August 3rd - Need Hotel

Plus the airport hotels usually have discounted rates on the weekends (like the downtown hotels unless there is a big convention or event). Just as clarification, there is a MARTA station at the airport as most of the hotel's shuttles run between the hotel property and the airport.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,329 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kenny Chesney Concert August 3rd - Need Hotel

MARTA runs until about 1 AM.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,314 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kenny Chesney Concert August 3rd - Need Hotel

You have 2 airport area options:

1) The Marriott Gateway and Springhill Suites are connected to the airport by a monorail (SkyTrain). If you stay at one of those, you'd just take the monorail to the airport, then get on MARTA (the MARTA entrance is just steps from where the monorail drops off) to downtown.

2) Any other airport area hotel will have a shuttle that will take you to and from the MARTA station. I'd contact the hotel in advance to confirm its hours of operation but wouldn't anticipate a problem. The shuttle may take you to the airport station, but more likely it will take you to the College Park or East Point station, which is (are?) even closer to downtown.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,080 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kenny Chesney Concert August 3rd - Need Hotel

An aside, but there's a groupon special for tickets to the KC concert.

georgia
Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kenny Chesney Concert August 3rd - Need Hotel

I just checked out the Marriott Gateway and it is actually cheaper than most of the other hotels...the only thing is I have already bought a parking pass at the Dome