We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Shuttle from International Terminal

Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Shuttle from International Terminal

Flying in from UK for a 2 night stop over before going to Charleston.

Thought staying in an airport hotel & using Marta to get into Atlanta would be the easiest option for us. However it's proving hard to find a hotel as the shuttles don't seem to stop at the International terminal.

Anyone know of a hotel that provides a shuttle from the International terminal?

If not how easy will it be to catch the shuttle to the domestic terminal with 2 large suitcases? Landing at 5.18pm after a Delta flight from LHR at the end of August.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,534 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Shuttle from International Terminal

We had this question come up a few months ago, and I don't think anyone was able to come up with any hotels that had shuttles to the international terminal. It's a pain, I know.

The shuttle to the domestic terminal takes about 15 minutes. There is sometimes a wait, and sometimes you have to wait for the bus to fill up once you board. Other times, you can walk right on. It's a hassle because it's an unnecessary step brought about by poor planning, but in reality you're probably only looking at 20-25minutes.

Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Shuttle from International Terminal

Thanks that's what I thought.

Any recommendations on hotels a short taxi ride from the International terminal ?

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
12,824 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Shuttle from International Terminal

Honestly, I'd make a hotel reservation in downtown or Midtown and take a taxi there. If you are only in the city for 2 days, you'd want to be in that area anyway.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,534 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Shuttle from International Terminal

I'd stay in midtown or downtown too, as they're only a few minutes further than the airport and will have so much more to offer than the airport neighborhood.

I know the name "College Park" may sound charming, but nobody without a heavy sense of irony would give that name to this neighborhood these days. But, for hotels near the airport, you can see reviews here:

tripadvisor.com/…MAPVIEW

Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Shuttle from International Terminal

Booked the Best Western Plus Atlanta airport East as they replied that they would pick me up from the International terminal if I let them know when I'm arriving.

We're only stopping in Atlanta to get over the jet lag before we start travelling so it'll be straight to bed on the first night & then a quick look at Atlanta ( we've been before so know what to expect!) on the second day before picking up the hire car ready for our trip.

Looking forward to seeing the wizzy new International terminal!!

Thanks for your help.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,534 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Shuttle from International Terminal

Glad to know that Best Western has a shuttle to the international terminal for future reference. Enjoy your trip!

7. Re: Hotel Shuttle from International Terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 05:15