We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Regency Downtown Atlanta Sept 28-30

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hyatt Regency Downtown Atlanta Sept 28-30

Hello,

Myself and a couple buddies are staying at the Hyatt Regency the weekend of September 28-30 for the Patriots @ Falcons game.

Anyone have any suggestions of where to eat, shop, and other things to do around the hotel/ Georgia Dome? What about tips around tailgating? We're huge NFL fans and I myself am I diehard Falcons fan, what would you suggest we experience? Also, thoughts on hotel?

Anything would be appreciated! Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,468 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Regency Downtown Atlanta Sept 28-30

That's a nice, large hotel, typical of most in the Hyatt chain. I actually stayed there recently and though the parking lot was dated the hotel itself was fine. You'll be able to walk to the Georgia Dome.

The dining in downtown leaves a lot to be desired. Alma Cocina in the 191 Peachtree Building is good. BLT Steak is good, but if you're going to drop that kind of money on a steak do it right and drive or take a taxi to Bones or Chops. Meehan's Irish Pub has a good beer selection and traditional pub grub, but as with anything in that area you'll see more tourists than locals. If you want to broaden your options for dining outside of downtown, let us know your preferences and we can make some better recommendations.

For sports bars in the downtown area, try Taco Mac, Stats, Dantannas.

For things to do in downtown, there are many options. Aquarium. World of Coke. Centennial Park. CNN Center. Centennial Park. The Sundial. Segway Tours. Electric Car Tours. (Avoid Underground Atlanta though) But if you don't come to Atlanta often try to get out of downtown some, and see what the city is really like. Downtown is kind of an island of tourists and conventioneers. See the Top Question on the right for more discussion on this.

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Regency Downtown Atlanta Sept 28-30

Thanks for the advice!

London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Regency Downtown Atlanta Sept 28-30

Regarding food, there are several restaurants nearby, or varying quality. There's a decent Italian (Azio) just around the corner from Hard Rock that I always visit when I fly over.

The Marriott next door is connected to the hotel with a sky tunnel (though you can of course just venture outside and cross the road) and they have a decent open bar on the atrium level and sports bar I've always been happy to eat at. It's not the cheapest or the most expensive so it all depends on what your budget is like. If you just want to hang around a bar at the hotel in the evening though, I'd take Pulse at the Marriott over the one at the Hyatt.

If you're after cheapy food or meals on the go the Hyatt is also connected via another sky tunnel to the Peachtree Foodcourt. This has various fast food outlets. I didn't go much there this year but I remember there being a CVS, various coffee shops, Chick-Fil-A, Farmers Basket etc. There's normally something for everyone food wise. There's also some non-food shops, but I've never visited those. You can access this on the main street too if you exit the hotel and turn left.

As for other things to do, the Olympic park is only a few blocks away, and the Coke Museum and Aquarium are right next door (they do a combo ticket if you wish to see both, saving you a bit of cash). I found them okay ways to spend the time, though not anywhere I'd be rushing to go back to.

Edited: 20 September 2013, 22:04
4. Re: Hyatt Regency Downtown Atlanta Sept 28-30

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 05:17