We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any fun things to do/see for a broke college student?

San Gabriel...
2 posts
Save Topic
Any fun things to do/see for a broke college student?

Hi friends!

Ill be visiting Atlanta in about 2 weeks and staying in Cabbagetown for 5 days. Any suggestions on any cool, local and hip places to see? Or hole in the wall places to eat? Nightclub suggestions? Thanks everyone, your help is greatly appreciated!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,583 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any fun things to do/see for a broke college student?

You would probably enjoy the nightlife along Edgewood. Noni's draws a huge crowd on weekends including college students(check fb page for events), as do Church, Mother, Sound Table. East Atlanta has a lot going on as well. I really like The EARL there. Also, you may like Little Five Points.

For free things to see, I like Piedmont Park, Oakland Cemetery. If you have a bike (or want to rent a bike) or just want to walk/run, the Beltline is awesome. You'll enjoy walking around Cabbagetown too. The Carlos Museum at Emory is just $6 for students. And check accessatlanta.com for your dates to see if there are any festivals going on.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,762 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any fun things to do/see for a broke college student?

MJQ Concourse.

http://m.yelp.com/biz/mjq-concourse-atlanta

Edited: 09 September 2013, 05:27
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,762 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any fun things to do/see for a broke college student?

Another vote for Piedmont Park, which is one of my all time favorite places in Atlanta!

Edited: 09 September 2013, 05:31
San Gabriel...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any fun things to do/see for a broke college student?

Thanks for the suggestions!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any fun things to do/see for a broke college student?

Little 5 point is just down the road. Lotsa funky bars, people, nightlife & shops. Check out junk man's daughter for shopping, then walk to Euclid Avenue yacht club for cheap drinks & eats

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
3,415 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any fun things to do/see for a broke college student?

We have so many great small music venues that would host college bands. The Earl that J lists above is one of the best. I'm not sure if accessatlanta.com would have those bands listed. Try Creative Loafing, or clatl.com. This is the URL that came up for me when I chose Music. clatl.com/atlanta/music/Section?oid=1222715.

Edited: 11 September 2013, 13:36
atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any fun things to do/see for a broke college student?

atlanta.net/visitors/seedo/freeAtlanta.html

cheap or free things to do ......

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,583 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any fun things to do/see for a broke college student?

That reminds me of the Castleberry Hill Art Stroll on the 3rd Friday of every month, which is fun and free. Some galleries even have free wine.

Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
85 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any fun things to do/see for a broke college student?

Great shopping at Rag-o-Rama in Little Five Points. Vintage. Good prices. Well organized.

10. Re: Any fun things to do/see for a broke college student?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 06:20