We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlanta-Perimeter area

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alaska
4 posts
Save Topic
Atlanta-Perimeter area

I will be traveling with a small group of kids for a sports competition at the Georgia Dome from 7/4/06-7/10/06. We will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express Perimeter. We have limited time to do "fun" things. You all have great advise on so many things. Any for places to eat and go around that area? I'm from Alaska-how hot is it now?Thanks.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,427 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Atlanta-Perimeter area

The Perimeter is out of the way if you want to spent most of your time in midtown and downtown. I think it is appropriate if you want to stay somewhere nice while saving money, if you are nervous about safety in the city, or if you intend to spend time north of Atlanta. However, it is a very good example of American suburbia - chain restaurants, chain stores, no pedestrians, etc. It is nice and convenient (I work here) but offers very little that is unique or of any interest to a tourist. If you want to be where the action is, I think the Buckhead location would be a better option. I think midtown is an even better option, but would choose Buckhead over the Perimeter.