We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlanta hotel needed...any ideas?

Santa Clarita...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Atlanta hotel needed...any ideas?

i am coming in to town for a bachelorette party and need ideas for where to stay. i want the hotel to be kind of central to where we are going- loca luna's, maxims cabaret and the compound.

any ideas which would be a good one? i'd like one that is really nice and has a great staff. maybe be able to get a nice suite since the bride and i are going to be crashing here after the celebration.

thanx for any help!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,853 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlanta hotel needed...any ideas?

Loca Luna and Compound are both in Midtown, and I would recomend finding a hotel in midtown. I generaly recommend bidding on a 4 star hotel on Priceline, as midtown has several nice options and you can save a lot of money. The Four Seasons is the best hotel in midtown;Twelve Hotel is the trendiest. The Sheraton and Wyndham are nice, as are Hotel Indigo and Georgian Terrace. Just look on Expedia or Hotels.com in the midtown area and you'll get plenty of suggestions.

I think the Maxim Cabaret is on Roswell Road in Sandy Springs. It's probaby a 20 minute drive from midtown. If you're drinking you;'ll definitely want to get a cab or limo to get out there. There is a male "cabaret" club in midtown called Swinging Richard's but I think it is mostly gay. I went once for a bachelorette party, though, and there were plenty of other similar groups.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
826 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlanta hotel needed...any ideas?

You might want to reconsider Compound. Sure it looks nice on the inside, but the music can be a little spotty ie too much top 40 dance stuff. But if thats your thing by all means go there. Its also a mile or 2 from "central midtown". You might want to consider 1150, which is actually in midtown proper. Or you might want to check out lunarmagazine.com to see what dj's are playing where in Atlanta on that particular night.

Santa Clarita...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlanta hotel needed...any ideas?

i'll definitely keep 1150 in mind in case the Compound is not working out. The bride just wants to go to the Compound (hasn't been before) so that's why it's on our list. I'm more of a Bell Bottoms person myself- from what I've read about the place- but what can you do? It's her night...

Thanx!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,853 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlanta hotel needed...any ideas?

If you like Bell Bottoms you should be fine with Compound. They don't exactly play cutting edge music and there's a heavy emphasis on old school music, especially rap music from my high school days. Eleven50 is gorgeous and plays more modern, trancy and electronic music. It also has a beautiful porch/roof area to escape the crowd. I think it's more tasteful than Compound. I haven't been to Compound in over a year but would comment that the average age is about 21(I was abotu ten years too old) and that it's useful to go ahead and get your name on the list so you don't have to wait in line.

5. Re: Atlanta hotel needed...any ideas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 18:17