We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Center for Puppetry Arts

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
805 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Center for Puppetry Arts

We'll be in Atlanta in a few weeks with our 12 and 9 year old kids. They have a good sense of fun, as do their father and I. I've heard the Puppet Center is pretty cool. Would it be too young for them?

Also - Will Centennial/Olympic park be fun to wander around in? Will the fountains be on in mid-October? What else is there to see there? Thanks in advance for responses.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,335 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Center for Puppetry Arts

Certainly not too young. It's not a simple show or demonstration.

The fountains at the park should still be on, although a little cold to run through, I imagine. The Georgia Aquarium and World of Coke are at the north end of the park are well worth seeing with children of those ages and you can get a combo ticket.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
805 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Center for Puppetry Arts

It all sounds fabulous. I, personally, am excited about the puppetry center and I am a grownup!

We enjoyed the Jaumé Plensa fountain installation in Chicago so I am looking forward to seeing the one in Atlanta. Also looking forward to whale sharks.

Atlanta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
672 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Center for Puppetry Arts

I think if you do some of the workshops - don't just watch a puppet show - CPA would be fine for older kids. Fernbank Natural History Museum might be a good option too to engage the kids, but slightly farther afield. Atlantic Station usually has the Bodies and Titanic exhibits open, which is also fairly close to CPA, certainly within walking distance. There's a movie theater in that complex as well in case you want more familiar entertainment.

Peachtree City...
Level Contributor
900 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Center for Puppetry Arts

I love the Center, and the puppeteers (who more often than not are nationally traveling artists) are amazing. That said, some shows are different than others in terms of age appeal. I'd check the schedule to see precisely which show is playing - if it sounds like a story that your kids would regularly be interested in, I wouldn't hesitate. But there likely will be a lot of small children there, so you know.

5. Re: Center for Puppetry Arts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2014, 05:18