We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First visit to Atlanta Coca Cola, Aquarium, maybe six flags

Miami Gardens...
Level Contributor
5 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
First visit to Atlanta Coca Cola, Aquarium, maybe six flags

Want to come to Atlanta to see the aquarium and other interest.What's your favorite? I'm going to fly in from Ft Lauderdale in 2014. Would like a hotel that doesn't cost a arm and a leg. Can use Marta for all my travels. When is the best time (I don't do cold). Any help will sure be appreciated

Nancy

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,070 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First visit to Atlanta Coca Cola, Aquarium, maybe six flags

I'd suggest reading the Top Questions, which cover most of your post. These should be helpful:

What will the weather be like for my visit?

Should I stay in Downtown, Midtown, or Buckhead?

Where should I stay if downtown, midtown, and Buckhead hotels are too expensive?

The Things to Do tab at the top lists attractions, with thousands of reviews.

For hotel, it depends on your budget and neighborhood. What "doesn't cost an arm and a leg" is too cheap for some and too expensive for others. Just use a search engine like kayak, expedia, etc. to find hotels that appeal then come back to Tripadvisor to check the reviews and photos.

We're glad to help if you have any more specific questions, but with broad inquiries like this it helps if you do a little ground work first.

Mentioned in this post
Buckhead
Buckhead
409 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Georgia
Level Contributor
2,732 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First visit to Atlanta Coca Cola, Aquarium, maybe six flags

There are tons of fun things to do in the downtown area. 6 Flags however would be quite a bus ride back & forth to your room from that area. Not saying it's not possible,however check the bus routes to see if that 1 thing would be worth it for you time wise. Personally if I only had the bus as transportation I would stick to the attractions downtown such as the 2 you listed of the World of Coke & the aquarium right across the way. You could also do some great people watching in Centennial park right across the street. There is the new Ferris wheel to ride there and if you check the parks website they do FREE water shows at the fountains a couple of times a day which are fun to watch. Also they have FREE concerts in the park from time to time so check for that as well. There is a cute hamburger joint called Googie to grab some food and also an eatery outside as well as inside the aquarium if you get hungry.

There is also the High Museum, Botanical gardens which have special exhibits so whenever you come check before hand to see about that. Atlanta zoo with the Cyclorama right outside of it's entrance. Very interesting for any history buff as well as Oakland cemetery, Carter center, MLK areas, just to name a few. Also since you want to do a lot of things at once perhaps you should check out the City Pass program (see their website for details) as it will save you $$$ and also has a few good coupons to use. I just did a bunch of the things I listed here & used it myself it you want to scan my reviews for some more detailed help. Hope this helps, the city is fun but with any big area keep your wits about you and you should have no problems getting around & staying safe. Have fun:)

Edited: 01 November 2013, 17:50
Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Oakland Cemetery
Oakland Cemetery
1,022 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Carter Center
Carter Center
213 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
3. Re: First visit to Atlanta Coca Cola, Aquarium, maybe six flags

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2014, 04:17